Integrated Business Planning Coordinator - open to flexible working
As a Diageo Europe team, we are continually striving to create a simpler, smarter and stronger Business Planning process that in turn drives world class execution and business growth. This means we must deliver crystal clear communications about what the Business Planning process is and what is required when from the many teams and individuals involved in the overall process. It also means we must brilliantly organise and run events and meetings, in order to deliver the engagement, rigour and efficiency that will lead to outstanding planning and execution results.
This role is responsible for delivering smooth running of annual Business Planning cycle and all the key events and meetings associated with it. The individual will build relationships across multiple teams and European countries and communicate effectively to deliver steps of the cycle on time, on budget and at an exceptional level of quality.
The individual will have a confident style, excellent relationship building and communication skills and a real eye for detail to deliver brilliant planning outcomes.
This role reports to the Head of Integrated Business Planning for Diageo Europe, and will be based in 7HQ, Park Royal, London.
Accountability and breadth will span across total Europe (inc. Russia). Due to the role operating across all brands and Total Europe (inc. Russia), the individual must be able to work effectively with large number of people in different locations and with different cultures and styles of working.
- This individual must build outstanding relationships across different teams and geographies.
- They must be able to manage ambiguity and communicate clearly.
- They must be able to work quickly and accurately and respond with great judgement and clarity to questions from across the diverse teams.Purpose of Role
This role exists to drive brilliant Business Planning processes and events that in turn drive world class execution and business growth. High quality and timely communication across a wide range of stakeholders is a crucial element of this role, as there are multiple teams within multiple European countries that make crucial contributions to this process. Success in this role is everybody knowing how and when they need to contribute to the Business Planning process, everyone being highly engaged behind the process and ultimately delivering a high quality set of plans.
- To create and deploy communications around the Business Planning process and what is required, when and why. This would include Marketing Business Planning and Commercial Planning, which are key elements of our overall Business Planning cycle.
- To coordinate all the regular business rhythm meetings and events, including dates, logistics, invitations and agendas. This would include Marketing Business Planning workshops and Seasonal Briefing events, as well as more frequent (e.g. monthly/weekly events and meetings).
- To seek feedback from teams on what is working well and what can be improved in the Business Planning process and to take this on board and adapt and continually improve ways of working.
- To coordinate the Europe Execution Calendar, across brands and countries.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate calibre.
- An individual with great relationship building skills, combined with the ability to work quickly and accurately with an excellent eye for detail.
- Fluency in English is essential. Other European language skills are useful but not essential.
- Excellent skills with Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint are essential.
- Minimum 3 years experience with top FMCG businesses or other large Global or European businesses.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to build a clear understanding of the Europe Business Planning process and how it all comes together to deliver an outstanding executional outcome.
- Lack of awareness of who does what in different teams across the business.
- Inability to build strong relationships with lots of stakeholders across different teams and countries.
- Inability to communicate clearly with diverse teams, in a timely manner to drive the Business Planning process.
- Inability to stay focused on the priorities.