Marketing Executive – part time 15 hours/wk (maternity cover)
Part-time roles fitting around a portfolio career or family are hard to find but at Red Whale this is what we are all about. So, if you are looking for more flexibility from your job, you might want to read on.
We are looking for a talented and highly committed Marketing Executive to join our thriving medical education company in Reading for a one-year maternity cover reporting to our Marketing Manager.
A strong passion for the NHS and a desire to make a difference for our clinical colleagues and their patients is what keeps us going and we need your help in communicating this passion at every touchpoint.
We offer part time hours (15 per week over 3 or 4 days) and flexible working arrangements, a salary up to £28,000 FTE (£11,200 for the hours advertised) and a good benefit package. We are located in snazzy offices on the University Campus Reading (with onsite coffee shop!) but you will not be required in the office every day.
What you should be like
- As some of the work will be done remotely, we need you to be a self-starter, able to work independently, take the initiative and manage your own priorities. If you can do that and maintain effective lines of communication with your manager and colleagues, you will be trusted to “get on with it”.
- We need you to have strong written communication skills as there is a lot of writing to be done. Even better if you have experience of this in the context of digital content systems and platforms.
- Needless to say, you need to be confident in using IT (MS Office essential; Teams, experience with CMS/eNewsletter/social media platforms and Google Ads & Analytics desirable)
- It would really help if you had a genuine interest in healthcare and evidence-based medicine but don’t worry if you don’t as we will drum it into you!
- You MUST have a sense of humour (yes, seriously!) and laugh at the boss’s jokes, without fail!
- Finally, we are a small team, we are not precious about lending a hand, whether it’s stamping letters, making tea or using our expertise to help a colleague in need. You must be comfortable with this.
What will you be doing
You will be responsible for developing and implementing tactical and long-term marketing activities to reach our courses and digital products sales targets. These include:
- Our digital communication: Social media channels, eNewsletters and website
- Creating and editing online and printed marketing materials
- Monitoring and analysing results
As we are all working part-time there will be requirement for covering some of your colleagues’ work at times and your responsibilities might change to reflect the flexible and growing nature of the business.
Still want to join us?
If we haven’t put you off, here’s what to do next:
Please apply by submitting a detailed Covering Letter telling us a bit more about yourself and why you would be a good fit for us and your CV.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 3 November 2019, but we will evaluate applications as they come through and invite interesting candidates for interview before the closing date. We will always confirm whether you have been successful or not, as we respect the time and effort each individual candidate will put in applying for the job.