Head of Data Management & Analytics - Schroders Personal Wealth, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours
Job Description Summary
Leads research and/or analytical specialists, shaping operating models, influencing key stakeholders and contributing to broader strategic planning and business decision making by providing insight, control and thought leadership.
Schroders Personal Wealth (SPW) is a new business serving wealth planning and investment needs of Mass Affluent and Affluent clients. It is jointly owned by Lloyds Banking Group and Schroder Plc, bringing together the inherent strengths of both firms to deliver on a bold medium term ambition to become a top 3 wealth planning firm in the UK.
SPW realises that analytics and data are a significant business differentiator for financial planning and investment management firms. SPW is investing heavily in its strategic architecture to enable delivery of its strategic goals. Scalable, flexible, cloud-first design principles are at the core strategic vision of SPW as a data driven business.
As the Head of Data Management and Analytics you'll be responsible for driving the Enterprise Data Strategy, introducing and embedding innovative uses of data and technology to drive leadership and new ways of doing things across our data management and analytics activities.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Set strategic roadmap for data: Develop the data strategy, roadmap and capabilities and deliver the transformational changes needed to meet client, business and regulatory requirements. Leda horizon scanning and development of strategies and experiments to bring new thinking, technologies and approaches to how the organisation manages its data (eg the use of AI and ML to monitor and resolve data issues with minimal human interaction)
- Define frameworks and governance: Establish frameworks to ensure data is accessed, consumed, managed, structured and remediated in line with policy, regulation and business needs.
- Data architecture: Establish and influence the right architectural strategy and approach to meet the firms current and future data requirements.
- Management Information, Insight and Advanced analytics: Define, Agree and Implement the TOM to support effective delivery of MI and analytics into SPW. Provide thought leadership on analytics practice and evangelise the power of data to influence senior leadership and transform business focus and performance.
- Drive cultural change: Successfully influence to fundamentally change approaches and mind sets towards data, creating a culture where client profiles, life stages and motivations are easily accessible, well-understood and well-utilised to enhance customer and business outcomes.
- Build the function: The role holder will be expected to grow the data management and analytics function to deliver SPW's risk management framework and strategic objectives
What capabilities, knowledge, skills and experience you'll require:
- Comprehensive understanding of how data can support the overall service to clients and delivery of SPW's strategy and business objectives. Knowledge of technology vendors to help select partners to help deliver our strategy Active in the external data communities and able to bring ideas from outside our organisation and industry into SPW where appropriate.
- Delivered major data centric change programs (data management and data analytics) whilst embedding central standards and approaches Knowledge of analytics, data science and how to both support and leverage these capabilities
- Foresight to identify and mitigate data and other risks across IT and business functions Ability to build strong working relationships with and influence senior leaders across SPW to implement change.
- Makes complex technological concepts simple to senior audiences
- Proven decision making skills demonstrating sound judgement and using appropriate analysis and data to inform decision making.
- Excellent communication skills, with proven ability to effectively communicate ideas, proposals, issues and implications.
- Emotionally resilient in difficult situations and able to drive collaboration and alignment in an environment of multiple priorities.
- Shape the strategic direction of own area and contribute to the strategic direction of the wider business.
- Lead and develop medium term plans specific to supported/own area, taking into account the wider business, customer advocacy and regulatory context.
- Lead the delivery of actionable customer, competitor and market insights influencing business decisions, guiding strategy, objectives, product propositions, campaigns etc.
- Engage senior stakeholders in order to influence key business decisions.
- Proactively build and maintain external and internal network for the purpose of commercial awareness.
- Identify opportunities for and champion change to deliver continuous improvement and mitigate risk for the benefit of customers.
- Lead analytical/research projects or provide insight to corporate projects with an impact across a whole division / divisions.
As well as a competitive salary, you'll receive:
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future.
It is a very exciting time to join SPW. Together we'll continue our ground breaking transformation and you'll help us achieve and deliver on a bold medium term ambition to become a top 3 wealth planning firm in the UK.
Time for a chat...?