Audit Quality – Senior Manager - open to flexible working
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
Working in our Audit Quality Review team, you’ll help our teams meet their reporting requirements by performing independent quality reviews on a selection of our listed audits prior to being signed, and by providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Our Audit Quality Support team (AQST) plays a vital role in supporting our Audit Quality Programme. You will be part of a growing and dynamic team that support a number of our more complex and challenging audits throughout the audit process, through coaching and reviewing to promote consistent high quality audits.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Proactive engagement with the audit teams, providing coaching and support
- Flexible working style to adapt to the different teams you will be working with
- Challenge the effectiveness and articulation of the audit strategy
- Attention to detail and review of the execution of the audit work and identifying areas improvement
- Proactive communication and deadline management, both with the audit team and AQST leader
To qualify for the role you must have:
- ACA/ CA/ ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification)
- Strong project management and technical (auditing) skills
- [Significant] Experience with large public & complex audits
- Strong focus on and passion for audit quality and coaching/reviewing teams
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.