Manager - Payroll Advisory - Digital HR - People Advisory Services (UK&I), Open to flexible working
People Advisory Services (PAS) harnesses the collective power of all or our people – related services into a single integrated global sub-service line of over 10,000 people delivering over $1.4bn in revenue. We provide our clients with a set of integrated services and offerings solving their most pertinent people-related business challenges.
PAS has been targeted as an area of significant growth as clients increasingly require advice in building their people’s capabilities at a time when global demand for talent and scare skills is at its highest. As well as attracting and retaining individual talent, clients are also looking at how they raise overall organisational performance through the entire workforce.
This means building their capabilities, processes and systems in workforce optimisation, inclusion, organisational development and culture.
Our Digital HR (DHR) offering is one of our key growth areas within PAS, focusing on assisting clients build HR functions that are business-focused, cost-effective, and agile in meeting the needs of all of their stakeholders. Key to many of our DHR engagements is the identification, evaluation and deployment of the right payroll service delivery model to support our clients’ business agenda.
As a member of our DHR team and specifically with a focus on payroll advisory, you will join a talented group of professionals that help clients in a number of areas. These include Payroll strategy, vendor evaluation, implementation of payroll technology solutions and optimisation of existing platforms. In all of these areas, our focus is on achieving business outcomes for our clients as opposed to simply delivering a technical answer.
Your key responsibilities
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate real impact within business and help transform some of the world's most respected commercial and public sector organisations building upon your existing experience of working with HR Technology either in-house with a blue chip organisation, or a Big 4 or leading management consultancy.
As a Manager, you will be a key resource on large-scale system related projects. In this role, you should be able to deliver quality client service, deliver insightful solutions and balance multiple priorities. You will also be expected to have excellent communication skills, integrate into and lead new teams, and rapidly establish relationships. More specifically, the successful candidate should demonstrate:
- Manage senior stake holders, provide constructive challenge and robust advice to the senior management including C-suite
- Ability sell, design, deliver, manage and execute full life cycle Payroll transformation programs
- Ability to consider the broader business context and implications and not just the immediate challenge or task in hand when advising clients
- Good insight of the market and purchasing trends with a demonstrated track record of building lasting client relationships and winning new business (pursuit efforts by preparing proposals and delivering presentations to potential clients).
- Ability to identify and build new opportunities and client relationships
- Manage project team(s), work streams and workforce optimisation interventions in a broad range of industry sectors
- Develop detailed implementation roadmaps, develop risk mitigation and governance plans, budget planning and manage project reporting
- Ability to help clients solve complex business problems using analytical skills to provide supporting evidence and appropriate rationale
- Provide coaching and development opportunities for junior resources and peers, and act as a visible role model for our people
Skills and attributes for success
- Be professional, quickly establishing personal credibility and demonstrating expertise
- Have strong personal impact and resilience, and be able to influence and persuade clients and stakeholders to gain support for major changes and key decisions
- Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
- Be able to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions
- Be skilled in facilitating and encouraging collaboration amongst team members
- Be confident and effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
To qualify for the role you must have
You will have already achieved outstanding personal success in your current job and established yourself as an experienced management consultant, HR Technologist and/or Payroll professional with design, implementation and operational experience in a number of the following areas:
- Development of Payroll strategy, value propositions and business cases for Payroll Transformation programs and change
- Excellent Technology knowledge and experience, covering trends and best practice advisory, complemented by strong HR functional and operations understanding
- Experience across the complete lifecycle of Transformation projects, from concept through execution and ongoing operations
- Client engagement including trusted advisor; solution expert; and project execution
- Responsibility for large scale Payroll solution design and delivery
- Development of strategic business and IT relationships with C-suite decision makers
- A passion for innovation and strong understanding of technology trends
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Relevant professional experience, including for example previous work with a Big 4, global management consultancy firm, niche consultancy or performed an in-house role in which you gained exposure to a large-scale project(s)
- Personal success in current job with experience in one or more of our capabilities (see above)
- Have a primary degree and relevant post-graduate qualification
What we look for
We have many clients from various sectors talking to us about how can they assess, attract and nurture individual talent engagingly in varying contexts.
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate real impact within various areas of Talent for our clients. We require people who can build our service offerings, understand client needs, grow our internal capability and connect effectively across our global PAS to maximise our global knowledge and experience in supporting clients to build their talent pool.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.