BOS - Business Connector - Argyle St, Glasgow, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Senior Bank Manager, the Bank Manager takes the lead in the day to day operations by taking positive action to maintain or improve the performance of the branch(es). Manages, motivates and develops their team(s) to provide an excellent customer experience and compliantly meet their financial and service needs with fair outcomes, including for our vulnerable customers. Works collaboratively with Mortgage and partner colleagues and supports the Senior Bank Manager in maximising the effectiveness of branch presence in the community contributing to the strategy, planning and development of the management pool and the landing and embedding of change. Helps Britain & Northern Ireland prosper by supporting and embedding LBG priorities, adheres to regulatory requirements and role models the Group Values, Behaviours and Codes of Responsibility
- Proactively connect customers and colleagues with content, materials and expert partners in the wider Lloyds Banking Group business to support Business Banking customers.
- Actively build relationships with intermediaries and brokers to leverage/develop business opportunities; developing knowledge of economic and business activity in the local area to identify opportunities for Lloyds Banking Group.
- Actively engage the local business community, making connections with local businesses and organisations (for example Chambers of Commerce/Industry Association).
- Promote the Business Hub by working in collaboration with colleagues in branches across the Micro Market and raise awareness/ visibility of the proposition with local businesses.
- Facilitate connections between the users of the Business Hub space including local Business Banking colleagues/ specialist teams and co-ordinate 'break out' sessions on local specific/national business topics.
- Work in collaboration with the Local Event Manager and other Business Connector colleagues, developing a regular source of external business contacts and assisting with Business Banking branch events.
- Utilise the media/ social media framework with support from business partners to facilitate and promote business hub awareness, external PR and visibility of the branch.
- Effectively comply with the Risk Management Framework including our Policies, Processes, Procedures and Governance to ensure a robust and consistent approach to make the right decisions and do the right thing for our customers.
- Keep up-to-date with mandatory training and take personal responsibility to ensure you have the appropriate skills and knowledge to remain competent to undertake your role.
- Own personal development by continually seeking feedback, assessing skills, capability and performance as part of your coaching, 1:1s and Your Best Check-Ins; support and help build branch colleague capability by sharing knowledge, expertise and best practice.
- Embrace our Vision, Values and Behaviours, bring the brand personality to life and demonstrate your commitment to Inclusion and Diversity where customers and colleagues are treated with dignity and respect.
Here's a little bit about Lloyds Banking Group
As the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first and achieve our vision of being the best bank for our customers. We're committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective of the customers and communities we serve - where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
How we can support and develop your growth
As a multi-brand, multi-channel business, we have the scale and breadth to provide a diverse range of training and development opportunities, helping you achieve a rewarding and fulfilling career. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference.
Working in a particularly awesome area of the bank, you'll be surrounded by passionate and progressive people who will help you develop!
Together we make it possible.
So if you have the skills we're seeking and you're looking for your next step, we'd love to hear from you!
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.