Global Learning Specialist, 4 Days per week
About this career opportunity…
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Global Learning Specialist to join Arup’s London-based Learning team part time, for an initial 3 month fixed term contract.
Arup aims to produce high quality technical learning that keeps us at the forefront of our industry and pushes technical boundaries. The Learning team within Arup University strives to understand the learning needs of our business and help subject matter experts to diagnose and deliver excellent learning across a range of topics.
The Global Learning Specialist will manage the diagnosis and design of global learning solutions, with specific areas including digital, EDI and working with learning paths. This will provide the underpinning of the Learning function, with the Global Learning Specialist helping to diagnose and design learning that is future focussed and that will help in our aims of all of our members being able to access good quality, relevant learning.
In addition to having the opportunity work on interesting projects with world-renowned experts, you will be joining a diverse bunch of incredibly talented individuals, each on a unique career development journey. We think an inclusive working environment is a great place to evolve, and this is core to Arup as a business.
You will make an impact in this role by…
- Reviewing, supporting and tracking the portfolio of multi-disciplinary offerings to ensure learning activities meet their ongoing needs, advising on the best learning methods and supporting the development of learning paths into meaningful frameworks for key disciplines.
- Undertaking design activity with trainers and course designers both in person and remotely, advising on methodology and assisting with the quality of materials, writing of learning objectives and training plan.
- Working collaboratively with trainers to design online programmes using Moodle and Adobe Connect
- Advising on the appropriate method of evaluation to demonstrate skill/knowledge transfer and return on investment, and engaging in evaluation reviews with key stakeholders
To achieve in this role, you are likely to…
- Demonstrate experience of working on both face to face & online learning, with an all-round L&D knowledge
- Have a proven background in the diagnosis of learning needs and the design and evaluation of learning programmes
- Be skilled in the use of online learning management systems
- Have a highly professional approach, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Have a genuine passion for understanding Learning & Development and how to best deliver this
- Be able to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, and manage conflicting priorities
- Have a drive for quality and excellence in every piece of work
Arup is a multi–disciplinary firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists, working across every aspect of today’s built environment. Together we help our clients solve their most complex challenges – turning exciting ideas into tangible reality as we strive to find a better way and shape a better world.
Our Business and Corporate Services functions provide a fundamental platform of unyielding support, enabling our firm to operate efficiently whilst working with our clients on ambitious projects that will set new industry standards.
Shape your time with us
At Arup you have access to a range of flexible working options – including flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time. If you're interested in any of these options, please let us know when you apply and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.