Business Development Mgr, £60K+FTE, Oxford, Full time w/ flex & some home working possible
1 day left
- Contract Type
Business Development Manager
• Exciting, creative and innovative company
• Looking for results driven business development manager, ideally with experience of
scale-up/digital start up
• Knowledge of the digital learning market essential
• Full time with flex (with travel as required)
• Central Oxford
We’re a small, tight-knit and collaborative team at the beginning of a period of rapid growth
with lots of exciting and creative projects in the pipeline.
We are looking for a talented, results orientated, business developer to help drive the
success of our partnerships. This individual will play a key role in the growth of the business.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying, qualifying, shaping and
securing new business opportunities. You will identify new opportunities both directly and
through our channel and referral relationships. To be successful, you must be able to
establish and strengthen relationships with our network, senior executives, business &
technical buyers and key project executives within our partners’ organisations. You will be
equally comfortable and enthusiastic at board level, with the skills to execute and drive sales
at any level within your target organisations. Be prepared to both shape the strategy and roll
your sleeves up to make sure it becomes a reality.
Our proposition is distinctive. We work closely with our partners that results in better outcomes.
You will work collaboratively with our team and with our partners. You will report to the Strategy and Commercial Director. However, on day to day operations you will work closely with colleagues across the team to get things done.
What you will do
You will have end to end responsibility for securing new partners and for significant
extensions to relationships with existing partners, including:
• Analysing the market to identify and prioritise target organisations
• Maintaining relationships with our network of channel partners, referrers and advisors,
to identify and quality new leads
• Own our pipeline and communicate progress
• Approach target organisations to generate new leads
• Identifying partner opportunities / pain points and clearly articulating the application of
our value proposition to these
• Shaping, selling and closing new business
• Working with our production team to ensure that all new business is deliverable and
that there is a smooth handover from sales to delivery
• Achieving identified sales and new logo goals
• You must be able to sell. And be results driven
• You have probably worked In digital start-ups/scale-ups before
• A proven and consistent track record exceeding quotas consisting of annual sales
and revenue objectives.
• Previous experience selling learning platforms / services.
• Possess superior client facing skills; strong ability to articulate; and ability to deliver
compelling presentations and written documents.
• Prior experience in business evaluations, as well as gathering/analysing corporate
and market information.
• Strong closing skills coupled with the ability to translate complex concepts into
• partner business terms
• Extensive knowledge of the digital learning market with experience or familiarity with
current methods and technologies.
• Demonstrated success & track record of sales in an equivalent sector.
• A passion for understanding the customer and their needs, backed by strong problem
• Commercial acumen and effective decision making
• 22 days paid holiday
• We are flexible as to home location, but will expect you to travel to our office in Oxford
at least once per week and to travel to meet partners as required.
Apply for Business Development Mgr, £60K+FTE, Oxford, Full time w/ flex & some home working possible
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly