Scrum Master - Chapter Lead, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
This exciting new role is with our Transforming Branches, within the Branch Servicing, within Group Transformation. The Scrum Master operates at Team level, and is a change agent with a passion for working with people and teams to help them deliver their best work. They are responsible for improving facilitation of change using agile methodology.
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Prosper. There's never been a better time to be part of change - help us reinvent the boundaries of banking and we'll invest in your continued development, so you can craft your future career. We provide a versatile partnership and culture that offers you flexibility and helps you build the future you want, alongside a support network that encourages you to achieve the best for customers. We're committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective of the customers and communities we serve - where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
This exciting new role is with our Transforming Branches, within the Branch Servicing, within Group Transformation.
About the role
The Scrum Master operates at Team level, and is a change agent with a passion for working with people and teams to help them deliver their best work. They are responsible for improving facilitation of change using agile methodology.
You'll be encouraged to perform the role of a Chapter Lead; a leadership role that blends both deep domain expertise with a passion for mentoring and developing people. You'll directly coordinate a team of Scrum Masters in a Chapter, who will be embedded in Teams but will report to the Chapter Lead as a line manager. In this role, you'll grow and develop the Chapter and ensure alignment on the "how" of the work they perform in Teams. You may work as a "player-coach", meaning you'll spend ~50% of the time embedded in the Team as a Scrum Master and the remaining time performing the Chapter Lead role.
As a representative of the 'new' culture you'll display the following qualities:
- A self-starter, and be comfortable offering mentorship and leadership, both individually and at team/squad levels
- An outstanding teammate, who is hands-on, an excellent listener and someone that empowers the team to embrace challenges
- Passionate about Agile principles and excited to embed them across the organisation
- Loves mentoring and supporting people to embrace changes to ways of working and delivering formal and informal training
- You'll have a continuous improvement attitude and dedication to finding new ways of working.
…and the skills/background you'd possess?
- Extensive experience of leading and transforming capability in features teams
- Leadership and experience of people management
- In depth experience as a scrum master with skillful and validated capability of agile application and scrum techniques
- Experience of transforming from waterfall to flow systems for software development processes
- Ability to brainstorm with team members on solutions to address challenges and roadblocks
- Strong experience influencing behaviour cross-team and cross-discipline without having formal organisational hierarchy
- Thorough understanding of the application of agile risk management within banking through experience of it or similar applications
What would you get involved with?
Scrum mastery to Product Owner/ Lab leadership:
- Ensure goals understood by everyone in the Team; increase the capability of team and find techniques for effective product backlog management
- Act as facilitator of scrum ceremonies (sprint planning, stand ups, retrospectives etc.) through a clear understanding of the aim of each event, taking corrective measures
- Support the Lab Coach when mentoring Lab Leaders to understand agility through flow principles
Scrum mastery to the Team:
- Support Team to continuously improve the efficiency of their incremental delivery of value to customers & partners, whilst adapting to feedback
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and team, to ensure a healthy prioritised product backlog
- Coach and facilitate the team in self-organisation and cross-functionality - delivering agile training and mentoring in line with agreed outcomes
- Remove impediments to the Team's progress; drive capability uplift in teams against strategic capabilities
As a Chapter Lead you'll be instrumental in enabling our new way of working; acting as a role model to support organisational transformation; and actively building and maintain a culture within the Chapter based on what we value.
What will you get in return?
On top of our team ethos we're genuine about both equal opportunity and our colleagues developing and advancing the best in our people!
You'll also get...
In return you'll benefit from a competitive salary and we'll also provide:
- An on target discretionary performance bonus of c.20%
- A generous pension contribution
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes including free shares
We're proud to have received the following industry recognition:
'Stonewall Top Private Sector Employer', 'Top10 Employer for Working Families', 'The Times Top 50 Employer for Women', 'Gold Standard' and "Best Workplace Adjustments Process" from the Business Disability Forum - each demonstrating our dedication to the principles of agile working and inclusion for all!
Sound like your ideal next workplace? If you have the skills we're after and playing a key role in our ongoing support and development appeals then please get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...