Portfolio Strategy Director Global Oncology Therapy Area, Open to flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
Are you are motivated by challenge, fascinated by science and business, and compelled to make a difference and transform the lives of cancer patients? If so this Portfolio Strategy Director role in Oncology could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As a Portfolio Strategy Director, you will be responsible for Co-leading Disease Strategy Teams with R&D and Medical to define and build plans to develop GSK's Women's cancer strategy. You will develop the ten-year disease area plans to support development of GSK pipeline assets and identification of external assets and targets for business development activities. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including commercial colleagues, to support development of asset strategies and prioritisation. You will help define future treatment landscapes, including prioritisation of key competitive intelligence questions. Working with the Competitive Intelligence team you will turn insights into implications in support of asset teams and the broader business.
You will will report to the VP, Oncology Strategy and will work collaboratively with a number of Oncology Asset teams. You can be based in the U.S. at either of our Philadelphia, PA based locations or in the Boston Area or in the EU at our London, UK or Zug, Switzerland locations.
This role gives YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Synthesise insights and analysis to deliver a ten-year women's cancer disease area strategy.
- Contribute to cross-functional scenarios analysis, competitive simulations and medicine vision workshops to drive action plans.
- Deliver Competitive Intelligence analysis in partnership with the CI team.
- Act as an objective, critical and strategic advisor to asset and early product teams within GSK Oncology Therapeutic Area based on deep expertise in current and future disease area drivers in the oncology marketplace.
- Support the generation and validation of business development opportunities and ideas
- Ensure all activities are conducted within appropriate GSK code of conduct, compliance and ethical business practices.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 10 years' experience in healthcare, in pharmaceutical (medical, marketing or R&D background) or management consultancy
- Deep understanding of drug development process, including activities from preclinical through marketing of a product, principles of disease treatment, rationale for treatment algorithms
- Proven record in providing insightful and actionable competitive insights through innovative approaches
- Experienced in a global matrix environment, across a range of functions, seniority, and geographical locations
- Recent and relevant launch experience in oncology, ideally in women's cancers.
- Willingness and ability to travel
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Ph.D. or MBA
- Fluency in understanding scientific, market and competitive data to spot patterns and opportunities to capture value for GSK
- Ability to challenge, influence and support senior stakeholders
- Courageous and open communication style
- Deep understanding of oncology disease area and marketplace that can be applied to portfolio strategy development
- Knowledge of pharma companies and their business practices
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.