In-house Recruiter, freelance, flexible working
We need a HR whizz who can help us hire amazing people!
About us Bright Little Labs is building a kids’ media giant for the 21st Century. We make all sorts of kids’ stuff which promotes critical thinking, computer science and equality. Our flagship story is about Detective Dot - an 11-year-old coder who is on a dangerous mission from the CIA (Children’s Intelligence Agency). Kids can join the CIA and carry out personalised activities on and offline. We’re on our way to publishing more books, mobile games and expanding our digital platform. We also just partnered with Turner (who own Cartoon Network!) so we’re making cartoons and games too.
THIS IS IMPORTANT: We value merit, initiative and values over qualifications or industry experience and we love diverse voices. If you’re not sure you are the ‘right’ candidate or have no formal experience, please apply anyway and help us to create something amazing.
About the role
This is a short term contractor role for up to 6 months.
We're looking for someone to help us hire an amazing team for the next phase of our journey. We have a really interesting range of roles to hire - including educators, writers, developers and marketing people. We’re looking to build a creative, mission driven, diverse team. Nurturing a great company culture is incredibly important to us as we grow.
We need help with these sorts of tasks
- Headhunting and advertising job roles in a variety of places to help attract candidates from a wide range of backgrounds
- Screening applications and helping shortlist candidates for phone + in-person interviews
- Coordinated interviews with company hiring managers
- Performing reference and background checks
- Collecting feedback from candidates during the hiring process
- You’re a people person and are incredibly organised.
- You love software systems which help make you more efficient.
- You understand best practice when it comes to hiring.
- You understand the power of a well designed CV and can spot a good cover letter a mile away.
- You’re aware of the issue of unconscious bias and do everything you can to combat it.
- You try your best to make informed and fair decisions and know how to move swiftly through a hiring pipeline whilst always being friendly and responsive.
- Exposure - we're a high-ish profile project + we work with exciting people
- Flexible working arrangements
- Feel good factor - you’ll be working on a project at the heart of equality, education and technology.
- Fun - we’re building a top-secret spy agency. If we told you any more, we’d have to kill you
Apply now via the link below! Tell us why you’d like to work with us. Please keep your application short + sweet. First received, first read