Business Analyst/Senior Business Analyst - Flexible working, Full-time, Job share, Part-time
It is an exciting time for HM Land Registry (HMLR) as we continue to embark on a major transformation programme. HMLR's ambition is to become the world’s leading land registry for speed, simplicity and an open approach to data.
We are now looking for experienced Business Analysts / Senior Business Analysts to join our Digital, Data and Technology team to help us to achieve this.
As a Business Analyst, you are a trusted adviser to the business stakeholder and product owner. You have responsibility for the quality and coverage of requirements across the programmes and projects that you are assigned to and have the confidence and skills to influence and negotiate with stakeholders. You will identify opportunities to add value by investigating the ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ business functions and processes, contributing to the definition of clear acceptance criteria and production of impact assessments.
Senior Business Analyst
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will provide independent and unbiased critical analysis ensuring outcomes and deliverables align with the business strategy, service vision and business architecture. You will be accountable for the quality, coverage and management of requirements across programmes and projects, ensuring they are fit for purpose and can confidently influence and negotiate with senior stakeholders. You will identify, quantify, plan and control business analysis activity across both major change programmes and smaller projects. Mentoring and development skills are essential as part of your role will involve sharing analysis expertise and emerging practise across teams and stakeholders,
To meet the requirements for this role you will have the following:
• industry experience in the role;
• experience of requirements elicitation and definition, including modelling techniques (business/process/data);
• experience of the software development lifecycle;
• experience of tools and techniques to support analysis;
• knowledge of business case production and evaluation;
• excellent assimilation, analysis and problem solving skills;
• excellent communication and presentation skills;
• excellent planning skills including the ability to identify and manage risks;
• excellent facilitation and negotiation skills including the ability to challenge evidence and proposals constructively.
Senior Business Analyst
To meet the requirements for this role, you will meet the requirements of the Business Analyst role above but in addition you will have the following:
• significant industry experience in the role;
• experience of business case development, including developing and evaluating options appraisals;
• understanding and experience of requirements management;
• experience of contributing to the improvement of a practice and its community;
• mentoring and development skills.
For more information on these roles or to make an application, please click apply