Senior Communications Manager, Open to flexible working
3 days left
- Contract Type
This role has responsibility for supporting GSK to promote Innovation, drive Performance and build Trust in Europe. You will work closely with the Europe Leadership Team, Communications and Government Affairs (CGA) teams across the markets in the region and global CGA teams to achieve this. The role reports to Europe's Communications Director and is based in GSK House, Brentford.
- Deliver relevant, impactful external and internal communications campaigns in Europe to support near-term business objectives and build Trust in the longer-term.
- Build understanding and confidence in GSK's Pharma/Vaccines world-class science and innovation pipeline.
- Drive internal engagement in the region and act as business partner to the Europe Leadership Team.
This role relies on critical competencies and the Key Responsibilities are:
Drive pharma product communications in European markets through direct liaision with in-market and global CGA teams to ensure delivery of impactful local campaigns
- Coordinate local communications plans and activities to support the business strategy.
- Deliver excellent CGA support and closer CGA/Market Access alignment for execution of new product launches in the region.
- Drive engagement at market and at EU level to manage communications around major policy developments.
- Ensure quick and relevant replication of best-practices across the region and cross-market learning.
- Shape and influence global campaigns to maximise value for markets.
Protect and enhance GSK's reputation through proactive reputation building activities and effective management of reputational risk
- Support European markets to deliver 'One GSK' reputational activities by deploying a single, consistent and integrated story both internally and externally.
- Develop and implement issues management strategies, including appropriate liaison and alignment with other relevant teams within Europe and wider business.
- Manage oversight of issues in the region and engage markets and other functions accordingly to ensure an aligned response.
- Employ listening and analysis of the external environment (political, economic, societal, media, competitor, customer, patient, technological) to flag any potential risks.
Support internal engagement in the region leading to a higher score in the annual survey
- Ensure GSK's purpose, strategy, priorities, expectations and values are well communicated and embedded internally with the right support provided to leaders and spokespeople to communicate autonomously and effectively.
- Lead and coordinate internal and external communications around organisational changes in the region.
- Promote key internal initiatives align to Europe strategy, such as Modern Employer and Straight Talk.
Provide ongoing counsel and communication support to the Europe Leadership Team
- Provide ongoing strategic counsel to various areas of the business relating to media, reputation and external environment including digital and social channels.
- Ensure messaging and tone of ELT communications activity around product and reputational issues is consistent.
- Build external and internal profile of Europe Leadership Team members through identifying and executing relevant communications activities.
A competitive salary will be offered
Closing date 15th November 219
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Experience of working in a regional role, with responsibility for driving pharma product communications across markets
- Experience of executing effective in-market external communications activity in line with regional pharma strategy
- Experience of reputational risk and issues management, with specific involvement in coordinating between teams to lead the develop of external responses and mitigation plans
- Experience of effectively utilising digital channels
- Experience of providing communications counsel to senior leaders
- Excellent level of written English and experience in ensuring high quality of written communications materials
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- University degree
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
We're open to all talent - whatever your gender, disability, marital status, religion or belief, age, race, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin.
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is voluntary. This will be used to help us understand how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information, it is not used in any part of the selection process and we will treat your information confidentially and use it anonymously.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.