Flexible Working Consultant, 4-5 days per week
Do you love coming to work? Are you proud of what you do? If not, we’d like to introduce you to Timewise, a place where post-holiday blues just isn’t a thing.
We were one of the first to spot the potential of flexible working solutions for bringing about workplace equality, and we’re still one of the best at it (if we say so ourselves). We’re considered the go-to team for all things flex, and we pride ourselves on leading the debate and driving change, even in areas that flexibility doesn’t traditionally reach.
We’re looking for someone to join our consultancy team as an experienced consultant and project manager, with an HR / OD consultancy background. Ideally, we want someone who shares our enthusiasm for building fairer, more flexible workplaces, and our determination to get the job done. In return, we can offer you a never-a-dull-moment workflow, a fun, friendly, focused bunch of colleagues, and a sense of purpose that means your job is never just a job.
Operating on a social consultancy model, we work with leading employers and sector trade bodies in areas as diverse as retail, wholesale, nursing, teaching, professional services, and banking to tackle challenging operational barriers to creating quality flexible work. Your role will be a mix of practical action research, solution advisory and implementation, and you’ll be working alongside some of the UK’s leading flexible job design experts including the Timewise’s founders Emma Stewart MBE and Karen Mattison MBE.
And of course (well you’d hope so, really), we can also offer you the freedom to deliver your role on a flexible basis.
- To deliver consulting projects on flexible job design, on time and to budget, including building and maintaining long-term relationships with employers and sector bodies, and identifying how talent management and operational challenges are related to flexible job design.
- To identify and follow up opportunities to promote Timewise to new sectors, and to develop new research and consulting projects.
- To deliver consultancy and training projects for our commercial clients.
- To help Timewise develop its intellectual capital, products and services.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Consulting to organisations on organisational development, resourcing or job design, including organisational change programmes, building client relationships and keeping projects on track and to budget
- Running focus groups, stakeholder interviews and client surveys, and writing up results into compelling action plans
- Business and commercial acumen: able to rapidly understand strategic drivers and operational concerns about flexible working, suggest ways of overcoming them, and guide clients towards appropriate action.
- Stakeholder management skills: ability to maintain relationships over time, judging when and how to follow up, credible up to Board level, working with employers, policy-makers and sector trade bodies, especially in private sector, but also in public sector.
- Workshop and facilitation skills: ability to engage participants, convey information convincingly, listen and handle objections
- Writing skills: ability to synthesise data into succinct end-of-project feedback and reports, write compelling emails, proposals and research designs.
- Presentation skills: confidence, presence and credibility in making presentations up to Board level, and in public conferences, roundtables, seminars and events.
- Desk research: ability to research sectors or topics, identify appropriate drivers for flexibility, and find the best people to contact
- Good project management skills.
- Running training workshops on flexible working practices, understanding of the business case for flexible working, and flexible job design.
- In house experience in an HR / OD / Resourcing role.
- Business development skills, including research, identifying potential clients, making contacts and offering consultancy solutions tailored to client need.
- Literature review skills: ability to find and synthesise practitioner and/or academic research into readable employer-facing reports
- Experience of running quantitative surveys and knowledge of quantitative methods
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- We are open to considering either full time or a 4-day week for this role.
- The salary will be £45,000 - £50,000 FTE, dependent on skills and experience.
- You will be based at our office in London Bridge, but there will be some travel to client sites in London and around the UK.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter highlighting how you meet the requirements of the role via the application method below.