Senior Manager - Talent Learning & Leadership - People Advisory Services, Open to Flexible Working
- Contract Type
People Advisory Services (PAS) harnesses the collective power of our Human Capital and People & Organisational Change practices into a new, integrated global sub-service line. With an enhanced set of joint people capabilities, we provide our clients with a set of integrated services and offerings solving their most pertinent people-related business issues.
PAS has been identified as an area of significant growth as clients increasingly require advice in building their people’s capabilities at a time when global demand for talent and scare skills is at its highest. As well as attracting and retaining talent, clients are also looking at how they raise overall organisational performance through the entire workforce.
This means building their capabilities, processes and systems in workforce optimisation, learning and leadership, organisational development and culture.
In recent years, the war for talent has risen on the list of top priorities for large organisations, in particular due to changing workforce dynamics and environments. We have many clients from various sectors talking to us about how they can nurture talent within their organisation engagingly in varying contexts. EY’s Learning and Leadership team in PAS is a diverse group of experts who collaborate to deliver high-end solutions to address such concerns raised by our clients.
We’re now recruiting for a Senior Manager who can demonstrate real impact within learning and leadership development for our clients. We are looking for market-makers who can build our business, understand client needs, grow our internal capability and connect effectively across our global PAS team to maximise our global knowledge and experience in supporting clients to build their talent pool.
Your key responsibilities
Business Growth and Business Development:
- Successfully sell, design and deliver our learning and leadership development services in a broad range of industry sectors. These are with a focus on driving business performance - this includes:
- Learning strategy
- Board-level Learning, Development, and team effectiveness
- Organisation-wide assessment, learning and engagement
- Learning innovation across digital, classroom, eLearning, coaching and wider blended learning and engagement solutions
- Driving strategic change and organization performance through Learning and Leadership Development initiatives
- Learning technology, and Learning transformation
- Organisation wide learning and change behaviours
- Employee engagement
- Other component elements of the Talent Management framework
- Grow the learning and leadership offering by actively driving the ongoing development of the practice and assuming operational responsibility for a range of assignments across sectors
- Grow EY’s learning and leadership market profile by developing a differentiated offering built on best practice
- Contribute to business development and client pursuit efforts by leading the preparing of proposals and delivering presentations to potential clients. Drive the delivery of subsequently won work
- Utilise existing sales experience and network to generate profitable revenue by developing lasting relationships with clients, through business development and account management
- Drive innovation to ensure provision of market leading, relevant and highly-targeted solutions and content-rich thought leadership to clients
- Contribute to delivery of wider strategic goals across PAS and the wider UK & Ireland business at EY, as well as supporting and participating in initiatives for growth of the firm as a whole
Core Consulting Skills:
- Develop, shape and deliver learning and leadership programmes of work, with our industry account teams and other practice areas
- Ability to anticipate and assimilate client requirements, win their trust and build enduring relationships to develop their business
- Proactively manage senior client stakeholders, including delivering difficult messages and managing performance issues, up to C-Suite level
- Design and deliver complex large scale learning programmes in a broad range of industry sectors
Practice and People management:
- Seeks to give team members stretching opportunities while providing support and ensuring quality and operational excellence
- Supports change initiatives and embeds these within the team
- Encourages development of team members though formal and informal coaching
- Gives authentic and constructive feedback
- Reinforces our values, through day-to-day behaviour and change disrespectful behaviour
- Acts as a team player, with an ability to integrate with new teams quickly
Skills and attributes for success
- Be professional, quickly establishing personal credibility and demonstrating expertise
- Have strong personal impact and resilience, and be able to influence and persuade clients and stakeholders to gain support for major changes and key decisions
- Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
- Be able to understand complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions.
- Be skilled in facilitating and encouraging collaboration amongst team members, and is capable of motivating teams to maximise performance
- Be effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
To qualify for the role you must have
- Highly experienced management consultant / HR professional with relevant experience advising clients on learning and leadership development on a range of large scale transformation programmes and business change projects
- A proven track record of shaping, winning and managing complex, high profile, profitable learning advisory engagements which create value for clients in the areas outlined above
- Demonstrable track record of building lasting client relationships, winning new business and developing existing relationships
- A proven track record of proactively managing senior client stakeholders, including providing constructive change, influencing decisions, providing robust advice, delivering difficult messages and managing performance issues, up to C-Suite level
Ideally, you’ll also have one or more of the following
- Experience of working with, in or around government and the wider public sector
- Operational HR experience within a large, complex, multinational organisation
- A primary degree and any post graduate degrees and professional qualifications e.g. CIPD, Occupational Psychology and certifications in psychometrics.
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate real impact within learning and leadership development for our clients. We require people who can build our service offerings, understand client needs, grow our internal capability and connect effectively across our global PAS to maximise our global knowledge and experience in supporting clients to build their talent pool.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes assistance for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are dedicated to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So, when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
Our People Advisory Services practice has over 10,000 practitioners operating within a globally integrated team, bringing their skills, insights and experience to support our clients.
Driven by our focused insight and innovation, PAS is best positioned to advise and influence our client’s activities at senior level to respond to the scale and complexity of how and where our clients work globally, making us the trusted advisor of choice to our clients and creating more opportunities for our people. As a result, we’re continually seeking new markets, new perspectives and better ways to deliver value.
EY is dedicated to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.