Head of People, Volunteering and Diversity & Inclusion - EY Foundation, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
The EY Foundation is a charity and a company, limited by guarantee, established in 2014. We were founded by EY, the professional services firm, which continues to provide funding and donations to the charity under a multi-annual funding agreement. We are governed by a board of trustees, who are supported by a number of committees and leadership and management teams.
The EY Foundation helps young people, disadvantaged in the labour market, to fulfil their work potential. We are unique in our position as the link between employers and young people, having strong relationships with both.
Our work involves designing, developing and running our own services: Smart Futures, Our Future and Accelerate, as well as raising independent funds to support new initiatives and reach more young people across the UK. We work with organisations from across all sectors, including commercial, not-for-profit, education and government.
As an independent charity we have to diversify and raise our own income through traditional fundraising, grants and, increasingly, through the development of our work with corporate partners.
Your role as Senior Manager
Whatever your specific skills and specialisms, as a Senior Manager you will be leading the formulation and application of strategy within your area(s) of specialism. You will be accountable for your specific areas of responsibility as well as assisting your other senior managers in achieving all of the Charity’s goals and targets. Your profile will be both internal and external and you will represent the Foundation professionally. You will be empowered and confident to make business decisions in respect of your areas of responsibilities, based on the prior experience and knowledge you bring. You will communicate confidently and proactively.
The Opportunity - You can be based out of London, Birmingham, Manchester or Glasgow
This role is a member of the EY Foundation Leadership Team and acts as a key representative on people matters.
Responsible for developing / implementing HR processes, implementing strategies that assist growth, culture, wellbeing, diversity and inclusiveness, retention and promoting the organisation’s values. The role holder whilst working directly for the EY Foundation, but also act as a key link between EY and stakeholders, manage job satisfaction, attract the best recruits, and promotes the organisation's values.
Your key responsibilities
- Leading the ongoing development of our people management strategy, that aligns with the Foundation’s longer-term strategic goals;
- Partners with Leadership team as well as line management at all levels;
- Acting as key internal professional adviser on all people related matters, and the lead interface with EY’s HR business partners and service providers;
- Designing, managing, and reporting upon all actions and initiatives implemented under the people management strategy, including reward and recognition, performance and development, HR policy and processes, recruitment and on-boarding, amongst others.
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations;
- Managing the sourcing, selection and introduction of secondees, evaluating the contribution to them, their service area and to the Foundation, from their secondment experience;
- Reporting to the Board and sub-committees, where required, on all matters related to people and wider human resourcing; Introducing and driving change management initiatives as well as cultural change.
- In charge of the development and implementation of a new volunteer management strategy covering all aspects of our volunteer work, including skills-based and fund -raising volunteers;
- Running the design and implementation of volunteer management processes that maximise volunteer engagement, reward and recognition;
- Providing strategic oversight to processes that ensure a consistent high-quality experience for our volunteers, employers and beneficiaries, and appropriate training.
Diversity & Inclusion:
- Leading the development of an overarching diversity and inclusion strategy, building upon the approach
- Providing oversight to the monitoring and reporting of the agreed actions under the Race Forward 21 plan and other diversity and inclusion action plans as they develop over time;
Skills and attributes for success
- Able to problem solve and demonstrate operational and strategic skills.
- High level of organisation skills, detailed orientated and ability to prioritise
- Ability to manage / deal with change
- Experience of working in a professional environment, with the ability to evidence quality HR practices, developing culture and high-level thinking.
- Designing and implementing business – critical strategic and operational plans
- Making business/service area critical decisions that have had a positive impact
- Delivering targeted outcomes
- Influencing multiple stakeholders through establishment of effective relationships
- Longer term resource management and planning, including the development of people
- Leading services in a delivery-focused organisation
- Quality improvement across one or more service or delivery areas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong and evidenced dedication to diversity
- Strong commitment to improve the working lives and prospects of disadvantaged young people in the UK
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong HR technical skills that have been honed and proven through practical application.
- Demonstrates commercial acumen – partners with the business to deliver commercially focused people strategies and has a good overall understanding of company finances and uses this to develop policies.
Ideally you’ll also have
- CIPD qualified. A post graduate qualification in a Business or Human Relations discipline is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or post graduate diploma or Master’s degree in business administration, human resources management, industrial relations desirable.
What we look for
- You’ll need to have the ability to operate at a senior level and deal confidently with senior people. Experience of dealing and influencing stakeholders is essential.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.