Manager - Workforce Analytics - People Advisory Services, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
People Advisory Services (PAS) harnesses the collective power of all or our people – related services into a single integrated global sub-service line of over 10,000 people delivering over $1.4bn in revenue. We provide our clients with a set of integrated services and offerings solving their most pertinent people-related business challenges.
PAS has been targeted as an area of significant growth as clients increasingly require advice in building their people capabilities at a time when global demand for talent is at its highest. As well as attracting and retaining talent, clients are also looking at how they raise overall organisational performance through their entire workforce.
This means building their capabilities, processes and systems in workforce optimisation, inclusion, organisational development and culture.
Our Workforce Analytics offering is one of our key growth areas within PAS, focusing on assisting clients to understand and build the Workforce they need to meet their business needs, both now and in the future.
EY’s PAS team is a diverse group of expert practitioners who deliver programmes ranging from defining future workforce requirements, through to enabling clients’ people functions to managing the future workforce by re-imagining and digitising the function. They are a client facing team who have cross-sector experience reaching different employee groups across complex, global environments. We deliver Workforce Analytics to drive productivity, performance and engagement for our clients, including Strategic Workforce Planning, Organisational Design, and people insight.
You will have a specific focus on data management, data investigation and insight, predictive modelling and data visualisation. This is an important position requiring both technical knowledge and business awareness, providing opportunities for motivated candidates to contribute to solving complex client problems.
The majority of our clients are London-based; some occasional travel may be required.
Your key responsibilities
- Responsible for managing design and implementation activity through the entire cycle of complex workforce analytics, workforce planning, or organisational design programmes
- Responsible for managing and analysing complex workforce data, using a variety of tools (e.g., python, R) to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable data-driven solutions within the Financial Services sector
- Responsible for proactively managing senior client stakeholders, including delivering difficult messages and managing performance issues, up to Senior Management
- Responsible for creating value for the client by demonstrating thought leadership, bringing new insights and delivering service excellence in how clients define and build their future workforce
- Responsible for identifying and building new opportunities by establishing and leveraging client relationships
- Responsible for developing and managing preparation of proposals and deliver presentations to potential clients
- Responsible for coaching and providing learning opportunities for junior team members
Skills and attributes for success
- Authenticity and strong personal impact, able to influence and persuade clients and stakeholders to gain support for major changes
- Thought leader with growth mindset and a desire to challenge established practices
- Skilled in managing teams and encouraging collaboration amongst team members, passionate about motivating and empowering teams to maximise performance
- Confident and effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
- Resilient and able to work under pressure to deliver a pragmatic solution
- Creative thinking, using agile methods and innovative approaches to tackle complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions
- Reinforces our values through day to day behaviour and questions disrespectful behaviour
- Passionate about our purpose – building a better working world
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Strong data management and analytics skills and experience using a range of tools to analyse and present data (e.g., python, R, SQL)
- Proven experience in delivering Workforce Analytics data strategy and management including cleansing, analysis and implementation to address complex business challenges
- Strong core consulting skills and experience across Workforce Analytics, gained through experience working in a professional services firm or global consultancy
- Experience as a Management consultant/Data Analytics professional advising clients on large-scale Workforce Planning/Transformation programmes within large, complex organisations
- Demonstrable ability to proactively build relationships and manage client stakeholders, including, providing robust advice, constructive challenge, influencing decisions, delivering difficult messages and managing performance issues
- Experience of working in the Financial Services Sector
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strategic, operational and tactical workforce planning experience within a large, complex, multinational organisation is desirable, but not essential
- Core Change Management expertise: including cost reduction and operational efficiencies
- A primary degree and any post graduate degrees and professional qualifications are desirable but not critical e.g. statistics, psychology, mathematics, data analytics
- Experience of working on projects within a professional services firm, global consultancy firm and financial services
What we look for
- First and foremost, we’re looking for applicants with strong core consulting skills who can demonstrate real impact in delivering workforce analytics projects to clients in Financial Services
- We’re also looking for team members who want to contribute to a great team environment and continue to learn and grow with us
- As our business is evolving, we need people who can develop our service offerings, understand client needs, grow our internal capability and connect with our global PAS business to maximise our global knowledge and experience
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY is a leading provider of business advice and services to clients in the Financial Services industry, working with some of the biggest names in the sector to address challenges posed by customer trends, market conditions, competition and regulators, and delivering real, sustainable change.
Our People Advisory Services (PAS) team is one of EY’s fastest growing teams. We work with clients as trusted advisors, to help them deliver on large scale transformations across banking and insurance.
With our continued success we’re diversifying and building our Organisation and Workforce Transformation offerings. This is a great opportunity to contribute to a wide range of engagements and direction of our rapidly expanding team.
Our focus areas include:
- Workforce analytics and Strategic Workforce planning
- Change Management including: cost reduction and operational efficiencies, regulatory change, behavioural and cultural change
- Digital Transformation – Banking and Insurance
- Digital HR and HR Transactions
- Post-merger or transaction integration support
As we strive to build the better working world, our culture promotes providing you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you are excited about what you’ve read about us and our ambition, get in contact today, we would love to hear from you.
Join us in building a better working world.