Manager - HR Transactions and HR OP Model - People Advisory Services - Open to Flexible Working
- Contract Type
People Advisory Services (PAS) harnesses the collective power of all or our people – related services into a single integrated global sub-service line of over 10,000 people delivering over $1.4bn in revenue. We provide our clients with a set of integrated services and offerings solving their most pertinent people-related business challenges.
PAS has been targeted as an area of significant growth as clients increasingly require advice in building their people capabilities at a time when global demand for talent is at its highest. As well as attracting and retaining individual talent, clients are also looking at how they raise overall organisational performance through their entire workforce.
This means building their capabilities, processes and systems in workforce optimisation, inclusion, organisational development and culture.
Our HR Transactions and HR Operating model proposition is one of our key growth areas within PAS, focusing on advising and supporting clients through the entire deal cycle from HR due diligence, operating model, day one readiness (including reward elements such as retention, the impact of share based plans and other employee benefits) through post-merger integration and post deal value enhancement such as organisation design, consultation planning and execution and culture change initiatives. This will cover engagements for the UK, European & Global organisations and private equity houses all in the financial services sector.
EY’s PAS team is a diverse group of expert practitioners who support our clients build organisations and HR functions that are business-focused, cost-effective, and agile in meeting the needs of all their stakeholders. They are a client facing team who have cross-sector experience reaching different employee groups across complex, global environments. These engagements are often complex and fast-paced due to the nature of the deal timelines in ensuring adherence to statutory and anti-trust regulations.
The majority of our clients are London-based; some occasional travel may be required.
Your key responsibilities
- Assist clients to address people related matters through all stages of the M&A deal life cycle. Manage and structure work to meet and exceed client’s expectations
- Support clients to address people related matters brought about via enterprise wide or functional re-organisation/restructuring
- Lead HR work stream activity, providing subject matter expertise on people related matters
- Manage all report writing, project planning, data analysis, and development of presentation material
- Manage, collaborate with and mentor project team members
- Lead on data analysis and present high quality, risk-managed reports/conclusions including client and executive presentations in various formats
- Work with key project leaders to manage and maintain client relationships, and identify new opportunities by leveraging client relationships
- Ensure that all client work is delivered consistently, complying with EY's Q&RM guidelines
- Working collaboratively with other M&A service lines and PAS colleagues across EY
- Develop and lead preparation of proposals and deliver presentations to potential clients
- Coach and provide learning opportunities for junior team members
Skills and attributes for success
- Authenticity and strong personal impact, able to influence and persuade clients and stakeholders to gain support for major changes and key decisions in a fast paced and complex environment
- Ability to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions
- Regularly brings ideas and insights to clients that provide value, help address risk and support the deal lifecycle
- Team player; with the ability to integrate with new teams quickly, leading teams and encouraging collaboration amongst team members, passionate about motivating and empowering teams to maximise performance
- Pragmatic and adaptable with the ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively manage conflict
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience of producing high calibre reports, papers, presentations
- Can leverage knowledge and experience of the transaction lifecycle to identify and develop new opportunities
- Reinforces our values through day to day behaviour and questions disrespectful behaviour
- Passionate about our purpose – building a better working world
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A background in business transformation and restructuring (e.g., organisation design), HR generalist or an M&A background (including legal or financial)
- Proven Commercial HR experience with Op Model design, from working in the Financial Services Sector
- Experience leading a project/workstream, demonstrating strong project management skills for high quality and timely delivery
- Experience delivering employee retention, compensation and benefits programmes
- Experience working with and acting as a trusted advisor to senior stakeholders on HR M&A /restructuring programmes
- Experience of leading and/or coaching and developing teams to improve performance
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills and data manipulation and presentation
- For candidates without prior significant HR experience, strong M&A experience across a range of transactions, including M&A, IPO and restructuring
Ideally, you’ll also have
- M&A deal background or business restructuring with a focus on HR such as Due Diligence, post-deal integration and post deal value enhancement.
- Relevant professional experience, including for example previous work with a Big 4, global management consultancy firm, niche consultancy or performed an in-house role in which you gained exposure to a large-scale project(s)
- Banking and Insurance Sector transformation: Experience delivering HR transformation projects to financial clients, utilising a deep understanding of sector-specific context and challenges to support clients deliver change
- Relevant degree-level education
What we look for
- First and foremost, we’re looking for individuals with strong core consulting skills who can demonstrate real impact in delivering HR Transactions to clients in Financial Services
- We’re also looking for team members who want to contribute to a great team environment and continue to learn and grow with us
- As our business is evolving, we need people who can develop our service offerings, understand client needs, grow our internal capability and connect with our global PAS business to maximise our global knowledge and experience
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY is a leading provider of business advice and services to clients in the Financial Services industry, working with some of the biggest names in the sector to address challenges posed by customer trends, market conditions, competition and regulators, and delivering real, sustainable change.
Our People Advisory Services (PAS) team is one of EY’s fastest growing teams. We work with clients as trusted advisors, to help them deliver on large scale transformations across banking and insurance.
With our continued success we’re diversifying and building our Digital HR and Change and Transformation offerings. This is a great opportunity to contribute to a wide range of engagements and direction of our rapidly expanding team.
Our focus areas include:
- Future Workforce planning and Organisational Design
- Change Management including: cost reduction and operational efficiencies, regulatory change, behavioural and cultural change
- Digital Transformation – Banking and Insurance
- Digital HR and HR Transactions
- Post-merger or transaction integration support
As we strive to build the better working world, our culture promotes providing you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you are excited about what you’ve read about us and our ambition, get in contact today, we would love to hear from you.
Join us in building a better working world.