Financial Reporting Manager, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
Sub-Function: Finance - Controlling
Rank: Assistant Director
The Global External Reporting Team in London is part of the central finance function that supports the EY network across the globe. The team of nine are responsible for preparing statutory accounts, including consolidations, for the UK EY firm and various Global EY entities. The team also provides technical accounting advice to global finance leadership in support of decisions impacting the EY network. The team’s position within the global finance function gives team members exposure to senior management in the UK and globally and results in a variable and wide-ranging workload. The team is motivated, friendly and supportive and well-regarded within finance.
Whilst this is not a client facing team, being part of EY will give the successful candidate the opportunity to develop and gain learning experiences in an industry role with the support of a vast network of experienced finance professionals not readily available outside of the professional accounting firm industry.
An opportunity has arisen for a Financial Reporting Manager to join the team to focus on the preparation of the statutory accounts for the UK firm including consolidated group accounts and to manage the year end external audit. The role is ideally suited to someone wishing to make their first move out of an audit background.
Your key responsibilities
- Managing the year end process, including auditor liaison, consolidation, and preparation and review of the group financial statements. The process takes up a large part of the year, requiring planning and project management skills.
- Preparation/review of subsidiary financial statements.
- Advising on the accounting implications of acquisitions and supporting the transition to EY accounting policies.
- Managing two members of staff.
- Liaise with a broad spectrum of other team members including tax, partner finance, treasury, legal and other central departments.
- Identification and resolution of IFRS technical accounting issues
- Ad hoc projects, analysis and reporting
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Prior experience of consolidated financial statements and disclosures
- Analytical mindset with high attention to detail
- Be proactive with the ability to operate independently and with a team
- Ability and commitment to work under pressure, including willingness to work evenings and weekends at peak times
- Intermediate Excel skills e.g. vlookups and pivot tables. Experience of other Microsoft products would be an advantage.
- Flexibility and ability to juggle several demands at once
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ACA qualified with minimum 2 years PQE
- Degree qualified
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A strong technical understanding of IFRS.
- Proficiency in excel to an advanced level of data manipulation.
What we look for:
Someone who can work well with a team and is comfortable communicating with people across EY and with senior management. The role requires someone with the ability to build a wide network.
This is a high profile role within the finance function involving direct contact with the UK CFO. The candidate should have a genuine desire to progress a career within financial reporting.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Call to action: Join us in building a better working world