Tax Transactions - Manager/Senior Manager, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
The Transaction Tax team at EY is unique in having all transaction specialists in one place. The team includes Corporate and Private Equity deal specialists, in addition to Restructuring and Fund/Management structuring specialists. This provides the team with a natural hedge against market turbulence with focus shifting between areas as the economic cycle develops, which also creates a greater degree of job security. This structure also gives a unique development opportunity as team members have the option of experiencing a wide range of transaction related areas within the same team or specialising in one or more areas. The team prides itself in flexibility of working – whether involving working in several areas or in working from home.
In this team you will get wide-ranging experience in all the core areas of transactional work – including corporate deals, private equity, infrastructure and clean-tech, distressed debt and turnaround transactions and restructuring.
As deal advisers, Transaction Tax team members not only get good UK tax technical experience but also get a commercial understanding of what is important to our clients in a deal context. As a large part of TT work is cross-border, you will also have an early introduction to international structuring techniques and overseas tax regimes.
We are currently looking to expand our Transaction Tax team and are keen to speak with experienced Senior Tax Managers or Tax Managers looking for their next move.
Your key responsibilities
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, winning work proactively and contributing to winning new clients
- High level management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business focused approach taken
- Overall responsibility of quality of client service
- Manage possible leads from other areas of the practice
- Build networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training international tax professionals
- Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong client relationship management skills with ability to develop quality outputs to clients
- Negotiation skills
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior staff
- Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day management of delivery team
- Change orientated with flexible approach
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA/ATT/CTA or international equivalent / Law qualification
- Degree qualified
- Significant experience in M&A tax
- Strong transaction tax technical skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget and time
What we look for
You’ll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of global developments in UK and international tax concepts and issues so that you can better advise our clients. In return we’ll provide investment in the right sort of training and offer you the opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you’re in the best place to develop you tax career.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.