Audit Manager - Pensions - Manchester, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
We are looking for an enthusiastic, commercially focused experienced audit manager or assistant manager to join our busy pensions audit team in Manchester.
We provide audit and assurance services to all sizes of pension schemes right up to the largest in the UK. The Reading office is our centre of excellence for pension scheme audits. This is where the majority of the pensions team are based and from where we audit a large number of our audit clients.
The role is primarily to specialize in pension audits, but you could also request to be involved in corporate audits for part of the year. This is usually possible within asset management, banking or the insurance sector.
As a Manager in the Pensions audit team you will:
- Be responsible for a portfolio of audit clients, building relationships, identifying new business opportunities. You will be the lead in driving the planning, review and be responsible for leading of your teams completion of work and drive audits delivering on time.
- Work across a range of other projects such as risk reviews, AAF reports or analytics
- Supporting in creating an inclusive environment. Getting involved in other activities of the team, such as training, recruitment or preparing technical materials
- Take part in proposals, presenting to new or existing clients
As a member of the Pensions audit team you will also reflect EY’s core people values:
- Demonstrating the ability to challenge, influence, change and shape the direction of a particular activity
- Demonstrating a teaming approach through your day to day working practices.
- Delivering “exceptional client service” based on a well networked, responsive and approach
As a Manager in the Pensions audit team you will benefit from:
- Broad exposure to delivering solutions to some of the UK’s largest pensions clients
- Developing a wide range of audit and technology skills
- Deepening your technical knowledge and broadening your understanding of regulatory requirements
- Build business winning relationships and enhance your business development skills
- Develop your skills in aspects or areas of the role that you choose to specialise in
You will have:
- Membership of a recognised accountancy body – ICAEW, ICAS, ACCA, or equivalent
- Several years post qualification experience in practice and / or industry
- Relevant external audit experience, ideally with some experience in the Pensions market or in financial services
- Experience of Leading teams
The successful individual will be;
- Driven, commercially aware, and passionate about progressing your career with EY
- A good communicator, both in person and in writing
- Practical, organised and have a willingness to learn new skills