Manager - Workforce Planning & Analytics - People Advisory Services - Open to Flexible Working
- Contract Type
People Advisory Services (PAS) harnesses the collective power of all or our people – related services into a single integrated global sub-service line of over 10,000 people delivering over $1.4bn in revenue. We provide our clients with a set of integrated services and offerings solving their most pertinent people-related business issues.
PAS has been targeted as an area of significant growth as clients increasingly require advice in building their people’s capabilities at a time when global demand for talent and scare skills is at its highest. As well as attracting and retaining talent, clients are also looking at how they raise overall organisational performance through the entire workforce.
This means building their capabilities, processes and systems in workforce optimisation, inclusion, organisational development and culture.
EY is looking someone to lead projects and build EY delivery capability across the spectrum of workforce planning.
The person appointed will work closely with the senior project delivery tea, both firm and client side to synthesise both internal and external data to provide strategic insights to clients.
The team is seeking high-caliber professionals with a specific focus in Strategic and Operational workforce Planning. This includes building capability for organisations as well as delivering the insights to drive strategic resourcing for clients. This is an important position requiring both technical knowledge and business awareness, providing opportunities for motivated candidates to contribute to solving complex client problems.
Our projects include a wide variety of areas, including labour market analysis (regulatory, economic, etc.), scenario planning, predictive models, econometric forecasts, and other items of strategic and operational importance to the firm and clients alike.
With the firm’s current focus on meeting Vision 2020+, the Workforce Planning & Analytics team is charged to help achieve a ‘step change’ in the development and execution of our strategic agenda through exceptional client service and delivery. By leveraging data, modelling the appointed candidate will provide within client projects robust, fact-based analysis, that focuses on delivering business insights and perspectives to facilitate strategic discussions among client teams.
The team’s role includes acting as a trusted advisor to key clients at all levels to enable them to make evidence based decisions on critical strategic, operational and tactical issues.
Your key responsibilities
Leading projects or workstreams of work associated with delivery of workforce planning solutions for clients including:
- Project and resource management
- Ensuring the quality of output from the project / workstream
- Overseeing the work of more junior resources
- Project reporting
- Engaging and managing senior resources to provide input and support as needed
- Identifying market demand for workforce planning solutions
- Building and testing propositions to take to market
- Taking a role in training colleagues in workforce planning and management
- Identifying and filling knowledge gaps in the team
- Taking a role in the ongoing development of the community of interest groups
- Creating and refining marketing materials for internal and external use
- Leading on thought leadership in workforce planning
- Driving on and offline marketing campaigns
- Organising industry events
- Identifying business opportunities with existing and new clients
- Supporting sales activities including bid response and client presentations
To qualify for the role you must have
- Recent experience with a Strategic Workforce Planning team for a major organisation and / or extensive consulting experience in delivering solutions for clients
- Delivering experience in building strategic workforce planning capability for organisations
- Have experience across multiple industries
- Ability to quickly grasp complex business problems, develop a rational framework for investigating the problems
- Understanding of engagement economics and business finance
- Strong appreciation of relevant technology
- Strong analytical capability primarily in the interpretation of data.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- An appreciation of data, systems and technologies used to drive strategic workforce decision making
- A primary degree and any post graduate degrees and professional qualifications are desirable but not critical e.g. CIPD
- Experience of working on projects within a professional services firm, global consultancy firm and/or large private and/or public sector organisations
Skills and attributes for success
- Great stakeholder management and able to flex style for different audiences
- Good organisational skills managing competing priorities
- Flexibility and comfort in a rapidly changing environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to deal with and manage uncertainty and incomplete information
What we look for
We have many clients from various sectors talking to us about how can they assess, attract and nurture talent engagingly in varying contexts.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate real impact within various areas for our clients. We require people who can build our service offerings, understand client needs, grow our internal capability and connect effectively across our global PAS to maximise our global knowledge and experience in supporting clients to build their talent pool.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes assistance for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are dedicated to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So, when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
Our People Advisory Services practice has over 10,000 practitioners operating within a globally integrated team, bringing their skills, insights and experience to support our clients.
Driven by our focused insight and innovation, PAS is best positioned to advise and influence our client’s activities at senior leadership level to respond to the scale and complexity of how and where our clients work globally, making us the trusted advisor of choice to our clients and creating more opportunities for our people. As a result, we’re continually seeking new markets, new perspectives and better ways to deliver value.
EY is dedicated to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.