Senior Consultant, Business Consulting, Finance, Digital Finance, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
Are you passionate about digital innovation, advanced analytics, and developing creative solutions within Digital Finance?
The Digital Finance , Business Consulting service line works with clients to address mission critical issues for the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in creating value and delivering world-class future finance capabilities, leveraging the EY brand as impartial, trusted advisors.
You will work in multi-disciplinary teams for some of the biggest and most recognised corporate brands in the world, where you will apply the latest technologies, analytics, and principal methodologies to help drive their business performance and future digital finance transformation agendas that make a real difference to our working world.
Your key responsibilities
You will work across EY’s Digital Finance practice where you’ll have access to some of the most recognised organisations globally.
You will help drive the performance of client businesses through delivery of critical digital transformation projects that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organisation.
You will typically work alongside the client to help implement any number of projects, including:
- Implementation of a future Finance vision that draws on innovative global technology trends
- Development of operating model business cases, underpinned by cloud and automation solutions that drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Supporting delivery of design-led thinking process reengineering workshops
- Redesigning processes by applying LEAN methodologies ready for automation
- Developing management reporting that leverages next generation technology and visualisation tools
- Developing information and data architectures for client organisations
- Supporting the execution of agile delivery methods within finance transformation programmes, working closely with other client and EY teams
- Advanced data analytics utilising emerging critical tools to help diagnose operating model efficiency and effectiveness hurdles
Skills and attributes for success
We are looking for professionals who are great communicators, team players, and relationship builders, with a real desire to learn.
Professional in your approach, you will have a natural ability to establish personal credibility with clients. You will also be highly organised, capable of coordinating your own workload and that of other team members, meeting deadlines, and quality and risk goals.
A role model to those around you, you will live the values of the firm daily, coaching and supporting the development of junior team members.
You will add considerable value to clients by delivering work of the highest quality and be able to proactively overcome issues to ensure delivery.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Relevant management consulting or industry experience with specific digital finance technologies
- Significant project and business improvement experience within large, complex organisations
- A valid and certified professional accounting qualification
- A truly consultative approach to work
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Ability to storyboard, with demonstrated high quality outputs
- Excellent problem solving, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate assuredly, clearly, and concisely in both oral and written forms
What we look for
- Core consulting skills- Client management, analysis, presentation and facilitation, commerciality
- Technical skills- Strong technical insight, practical knowledge, and capability in your specialist field
- Versatility- Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment
- Market/Sector knowledge- Demonstrable market/sector expertise in your field
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consultancy services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.