Bid Writer - People Advisory Services (UK&I), Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
Are you an experienced Proposal Writer? Do you want to be part of a dynamic, highly skilled and valued pursuit (bid) team?
Our team is helping set EY apart from our competition, playing a vital role in helping EY achieve its growth ambitions as part of our Global Next Wave Strategy. So our team is growing and we’re looking for the brightest talent in the market to join us.
You will be a key part of the team that is responsible for the developing and executing on winning pursuit strategies and execution of winning pursuit strategies. In your role, you will work with the pursuit team to understand client needs and how to articulate our “Why EY” story that we can clearly articulate to clients. You will “hold the pen” on key pieces of content, interviewing and coaching our client teams to help articulate answers to RFPs and ITTs in a way that will get evaluator marks.
Your key responsibilities
- Leading role in “understanding the RFP requirements” and developing storyboards that will help us break down the questions and get evaluator marks
- Develop the “Why EY” story and write proposal content on strategic bids, helping us to clearly articulate our key messages to clients
- Conduct in-depth interviews with key team members to understand the technical content and translate it into answers to ITTs and RFPs
- Provide effective challenge and coaching throughout the process to encourage teams to think differently
- Be the “custodian of written quality” across bids and a champion for writing excellence
- Ensure that message quality, format, and content meet the client’s objectives and are consistent with firm-wide communication guidelines
- Conduct final editing, and proofing to help develop a single coherent “proposal voice”
- Attend and actively contribute to all kick-off strategy, status, follow-up/debrief, and presentation preparation meetings
- Contribute to team wide initiatives on sales excellence, including running workshops to upskill team
- Identify operational improvement opportunities, proposing, developing and executing solutions on an on-going basis
Skills and attributes for success
- Proven writing, interviewing, analysis, and project management skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, with the flexibility to deal with rapidly changing situations
- Ability to adapt quickly to unfamiliar writing standards
- Have experience in creative writing on proposals, ideally in the public sector
- Be proactive in taking the lead and ownership of projects
- Effectively interact with all levels within the organisation, including Partners, by challenging, influencing and coaching
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and as a team player, working collaboratively, virtually and independently
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least five years demonstrable manager level, bid / writing experience
- Experience of public sector bidding
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Demonstrable ability to develop trusted business relationships with senior stakeholders
- Ability to think commercially and strategically
Ideally (but not essential as we value diversity), you’ll also have
- Working knowledge of a professional services organisation
What we look for
We are looking for you to make a significant contribution to delivering the best possible client experience throughout the pursuit process. You will add value by bringing a consistent, structured and robust bid writing methodology, blended with soft coaching skills to challenge the teams you work with to think differently.
You will do this by clearly articulating the difference that EY offers compared to the competition, how it feels to work with us, the value we create and how our solution is relevant to the client and their needs.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.