Transfer Pricing Senior Advisor - Financial Services, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
Our highly successful EMEIA FS Transfer Pricing team forms part of EY's global Transfer Pricing network complementing our strength in the Americas and Asia. In an environment of intense and ever changing regulatory reform, business model change and government scrutiny the team is looking to expand and offers opportunities to benefit from an extraordinary global network working on exciting multi-service line projects and innovative global business solutions.
You will have the opportunity to work with clients in the Financial Services industry as part of a globally integrated network of specialists with high quality economics, tax authority, legal and commercial backgrounds. The work is technically challenging, creative and requires you to work closely with our clients’ businesses.
This is a period of unprecedented change in the global international tax arena, which is resulting in huge demand for delivery of Transfer Pricing advice.
The projects that the team is working on are innovative and bring to life the UK’s ‘open for business’ strategy which makes it one of the most exciting places to work in tax, but also a place where you can learn and build upon your understanding of a broad range of Transfer Pricing concepts to develop your career as a skilled and trusted tax professional. You will be engaged on complex and challenging projects as our clients navigate the changing international tax landscape supported by us as trusted partners.
Your key responsibilities
- You will work with the team to deliver on Transfer Pricing engagements, taking a professional, practical and commercial approach and ensuring technical excellence
- Build and maintain tax relationships with our own clients and clients referred by the rest of the EY FS tax practice
- Responsible for high quality delivery of tax advice and solutions to major financial institutions, ensuring management of risk and reputation
- Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing expectations
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to build strong client relationships and committed to delivery of exceptional client service
- Relationship management skills
- Strong and driven team player who integrates with new teams quickly
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out effective reviews and know when to refer upwards
- Effective time management - ability to remain calm when meeting deadlines
- Proven ability to analyse and create innovative solutions to problems
To qualify for the role, you will have
- Transfer Pricing experience - strong technical and commercial skills with the interest to develop further
- Strong client relationship management skills with the ability to understand client needs and deliver quality outputs
- You’ll have one of the following qualifications: ATT / ACA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
- Experience working within financial services
What we look for
You’ll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of global developments in Transfer Pricing trends and issues so that you can better advise our clients. In return we’ll provide investment in the right sort of training and offer you the opportunities that will develop and challenge you so that you’re in the best place to develop your career.
The types of project you’ll contribute towards may include:
- Expansion into new markets
- Organisational structure rationalisation
- Business model redesign
- Managing the risk arising from global law change such as BEPS
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.