Manager- Private Client Tax, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
The Private Client Services team at EY acts for a wide range of entrepreneurs, family offices, private equity and hedge fund principals, large landed estates, high profile professional partnerships and senior executives of large listed and private businesses. The services that we deliver include tax return compliance services, advice on residence and domicile issues, transaction and reorganisation advice, optimisation of wealth from a tax perspective, and estate and succession tax advice. Our client base is a mix of UK and non-UK domiciled individuals. Our international network results in our team undertaking a high proportion of cross border tax services.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual to join EY’s specialist Private Client Service’s team based in Birmingham. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with our excellent existing clients and intermediaries, providing a great opportunity to build and expand their network and be instrumental in winning new business.
Your key responsibilities
- Build and maintain relationships with clients
- Proactive business development to win new work
- High level management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training our team
- Role in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
Skills and attributes for success
- Technical and practical knowledge and experience in advising UK and non UK domiciled individuals and families, in particular inheritance tax and funds
- Client driven and strategically and commercially aware
- Strong client relationship management skills with ability to develop quality outputs to clients
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams
- Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day leadership of delivery team
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA / CA / Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course / Law qualification / Tax specialist qualification / or breadth of knowledge equivalent to a Tax specialist qualification
- Strong tax technical skills
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior staff
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget and time
What we look for
You’ll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of global developments in UK and international tax concepts and issues so that you can better advise our clients. In return we’ll provide investment in the right sort of training and offer you the opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you’re in the best place to develop you tax career.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.