Finance Manager (Markets Team) - 6 Month FTC, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
This role reports to the Head of Finance (Markets) within the CBS Service Line and will have specific responsibility for the Markets Functions (BMC and ABD) as well as providing support to the Markets team on GTER reporting.
As well as being part of the UKI Finance Team it is essential that this role partners with the business to plan, forecast and monitor results during the year. Giving insight to the business and making recommendations to improve business performance are a key part of this role.
The role will involve preparation, analysis and control of weekly, monthly and annual financial performance, as well as proactive and forward-looking guidance. A key initiative of the UKI Finance function is to become “Trusted Business Advisors” and it is important that this individual is a role model for operating that way. You will also be expected to oversee the work of a GDS Senior Financial Analyst and a Management Accountant within the team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with business stakeholders, by sharing and interpreting information, giving insight that will help to improve business performance
- Develop a thorough understanding of the underlying business issues and provide forward looking and proactive advice on these
- Complete month end and year end close
- Responsibility for the annual planning process, the Q2 Forecast and other ad hoc forecasts
- Proactively communicate regularly with the Head of Finance and Operations Manager to ensure emerging issues are raised promptly
- Performing other ad hoc projects concerning systems, process improvement and other business requirements
Skills & attributes for success
- Confident and able to demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships at management/partner levels
- Innovative thinker who can challenge “the norm”
- Able to challenge and articulate opinions succinctly and persuasively
- Commercial approach and ability to demonstrate clear business understanding
- Proven ability to interpret and provide insight
- Ability to multi-task with a proactive approach with proven ability to respond promptly to business demands and adopt a flexible approach to tasks
- Understanding of a professional services environment
- Commitment to developing self and others around you
- Ability to coach and develop other members of the Finance team
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate financial information across a wide range of users
To qualify for the role you must
- Be a fully qualified accountant
- Relevant experience in professional services firm (or similar)
What we offer
- We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.