Senior Consultant - Project Management, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
The Programme Management team sits at the heart of EYs Financial Services Transformation Execution practice. The team leads multi-million pound transformation engagements for our clients. We bring together other disciplines across EY Consulting and the wider firm to deliver outcome focussed transformational change for our clients.
We are experiencing high demand for people with Agile and Digital transformation skills and are keen to meet people with experience in these areas and the following sectors:
- Wealth and Asset Management
- Capital Markets (with the flexibility to work across other banking sectors)
Our Programme Management team consists of deeply experienced and proven Financial Services professionals, who draw on their knowledge to help clients initiate, recover and manage large-scale programmes. The team specialises in leading business-critical change, whether it be business transformation, IT led or regulatory programmes.
Working closely with our clients in large organisations; we understand what is really important, offering points of view and advice, supporting them, building confidence and ultimately ensuring efficient delivery.
Through the vast experience our teams offer, we assess situations quickly, apply our thinking and improve the outcomes for our clients. We are looking to expand by recruiting people with an outstanding delivery background in Financial Services, who have the right attitude and commitment needed to work together on the very largest and most complex programmes in the industry.
Your key responsibilities
- As part of programme leadership teams, deliver transformational outcomes for our clients
- Manage multiple stakeholder communities at varying , levels of experience and agenda’s and be responsible for overseeing the relationship
- Ensure client deliverables are quality focused and delivered on a timely basis
- Ensure effective execution through various delivery methodologies
- Utilise existing relationships to develop business opportunities
- Endeavour to become the trusted advisor of clients - be seen in the marketplace and be recognised as a first-choice solutions provider
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting, retaining and training
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
Skills and attributes for success
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills who can build rapport with the client and prove credibility
- Highly flexible with a willingness to ‘get their hands dirty’ as well as providing strategic direction and leadership
- Bring FS knowledge, delivery leadership skills and experience to the client which they may not have access to internally
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Motivated and shows willingness to move career forward quickly through a variety of client interactions and assignments that will push and challenge you on a daily basis
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Professional delivery certification i.e. PMP, Prince 2 or relevant Agile certification such as PSM I, PSPO I, PSL I
- Significant delivery experience, in leadership roles, with Agile exposure a must, together with the flexibility to work across delivery methodologies; could include working as a Scrum Master, a Product Owner, or an Agile Coach
- Evidence of performing a leadership role through a full end-to-end project lifecycle for at least 2 initiatives with a budget of over £500m
- Experience of project and programme delivery and of providing consulting services
- Direct experience of Financial Services, either in a tier one consulting organisation or large financial services organisation
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of Agile at Scale i.e. Agile being used to deliver across multiple teams, business and IT
- Designing and operating the governance for large multidisciplinary programme
- Exposure to both Business and Technology Transformation
What we look for
As a Senior Consultant, delivery excellence comes as standard. You will find yourself leading projects and key workstreams for clients and using your experience and Financial Services knowledge to shape initiation, advise on governance structures and mentor their staff through the programme lifecycle.
In support of this we expect a strong background of successful end-to-end project delivery in blue-chip FS clients and a demonstrable passion for excellence. We expect our recruits to be ambitious and provide the opportunity for rapid career growth and promotion
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!