Manager, Business Consulting - Digital Finance (Enterprise Intelligence), Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
Are you passionate about enterprise performance management and Finance transformation enabled by technology?
Digital Finance Performance Improvement works with clients to address mission critical issues for the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), creating value and delivering world-class future finance capabilities, leveraging the trusted EY brand as impartial, committed advisors.
You will work in multi-disciplinary teams for some of the biggest and most recognised corporate brands in the world, applying the latest technologies and analytical methods, to help steer their business performance and digital finance transformation agendas, that make a real difference to our working world.
A growth area for us is Enterprise Intelligence (FP&A) and how technology enables control, automation, efficiency and value growth - enabling budgeting, planning, and forecasting, integrated business planning, consolidation, performance management and KPIs, data management, business partnering, advanced analytics, cost reduction and value growth initiatives.
Your key responsibilities
You will build trusted relationships within client organisations, working with them to understand their most critical business problems and priorities, consulting with your EY peers to evaluate, design, and deliver solution options that leverage cutting edge technologies.
You will motivate and manage high performing, diverse teams, aligned to EY’s values delivering exceptional client service preparing our clients for a digital future.
Skills and attributes for success
We are looking for professionals who are great communicators, inclusive team players, committed relationship builders with a real desire to learn.
Professional in your approach, you will have a natural ability to establish personal credibility with clients. You will also be highly organised, capable of coordinating your own workload and that of other team members, meeting deadlines, managing risks and delivering quality outcomes.
A role model to those around you, you will live the values of the Firm daily, mentoring, coaching and supporting the development of others.
You will add measurable value to your clients by delivering work that addresses their biggest problems and priorities, including the need to:
- Articulate, design, and implement a vision for Finance and “case for change” that draws on innovative global technology trends, leading practice and service innovation
- Discuss finance simplification and innovation enabled by digital technologies
- Conduct accelerated finance diagnostic, maturity assessment and benchmarking
- Define client-relevant use of modern technology platforms such as S/4HANA and EPM and Analytics Cloud applications showing their functionalities, data models and technical requirements
- Provide roadmap of implementation and ROI timeline (cost vs. benefits)
- Collect and socialise business and technical requirements for a technology enabled Finance transformation
- Architect and design technology enabled Finance solutions
- Drive end-to-end implementation services for S/4HANA, cloud applications, accelerators and emerging technologies
- Delivery Management and Implementation of EPM and Analytics solution
- Identify strategic alignment across IT, finance and tax operating models including steering and reporting requirements
- Structure and run Finance transformation programmes using AGILE design and delivery methods
- Adopt “digital” ways of working to increase flexibility and accelerate delivery:
- Plan, design, and execute design-led thinking process re-engineering workshops
- Process design grounded in customer outcomes and user experience adopting LEAN methodologies and automation technologies
- Structure and implement Agile delivery methods
- Understand and apply relevant technologies such as:
- Business Planning, Consolidation and Finance Analytic
- Oracle Hyperion, SAP BPC/SAC, S4 HANA
- Anaplan, OneStream, Board, Adaptive Insight
- Microsoft Power BI
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A valid and certified professional accounting qualification
- Experience of solution design for complex multi-national businesses
- Multiple lifecycle implementation experience of EPM or Finance Analytics
- Proficiency in your chosen market or sector
- Strong client relationships
- Proven ability to engage, manage and build relationships
- An active interest in modern technologies application to resolve Finance and cross functional business problems.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- A background in management consulting or have delivered large scale Enterprise Intelligence programmes in industry such as Consolidation, Business Planning and Finance Analytics
- Ability to create solutions to technical problems
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to storyboard and create high quality outputs
- Excellent problem solving, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Track record of line managing professional services staff, including coaching and developing staff
What we look for:
- Core consulting skills: client management, analysis, presentation and facilitation, commerciality
- Technical skills: strong technical delivery experience, practical knowledge and capability in your specialist field
- Versatility: proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment
- Market / sector knowledge: demonstrable market/sector expertise in your field
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working, career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging and experienced colleagues in the market place
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver exceptional client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.