Manager - Learning and Talent Development - People Advisory Services - Open to Flexible Working
- Contract Type
People Advisory Services (PAS) harnesses the collective power of all or our people – related services into a single integrated global sub-service line of over 10,000 people delivering over $1.4bn in revenue. We provide our clients with a set of integrated services and offerings solving their most pertinent people-related business challenges.
PAS has been targeted as an area of significant growth as clients increasingly require advice in building their people capabilities at a time when global demand for talent is at its highest. As well as attracting and retaining individual talent, clients are also looking at how they raise overall organisational performance through their entire workforce.
This means building their capabilities, processes and systems in workforce optimisation, inclusion, organisational development and culture.
In recent years, the war for talent has risen on the list of top priorities for large organisations, in particular due to changing workforce dynamics and environments. We are being increasingly engaged by clients in Financial Services who need us to explore how they can nurture talent within their respective organisation to meet the demands of the modern and evolving workplace to achieve business objectives and outcomes.
We are now recruiting for Managers to join the growing Learning and Talent Development team in FSO EMEIA who share our passion for building a better working world, innovation and unlocking the power of people in the workplace. We require people who can help build and evolve our learning and talent development service offerings, understand client needs, grow our internal capability and connect effectively across our global PAS team to maximise our global knowledge and experience in helping clients to build their talent pool.
The majority of our clients are London-based; some occasional travel may be required.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager, you will work as part of a growing team to:
- Shape, develop and deliver learning and talent programmes of work, with our account teams and other practice areas (standalone or as a part of larger transformation programmes) using waterfall, agile and other contemporary methodologies in areas such as (but not exhaustive):
- Designing/Developing Learning Function of the Future
- Learning strategy (at enterprise level or specific transformation programme level), including learning technologies, and subsequent execution
- Designing and executing learning solutions - design, development and deployment of learning assets (digital and non digital)
- Driving strategic change and organization performance through Learning and Talent Development initiatives (incl learning analytics)
- Lead pursuit and delivery teams to achieve target outputs/outcomes while giving team members stretching opportunities, provide support and ensure quality and operational excellence
- Contribute to business development and client pursuit efforts by leading the preparation of proposals and delivering presentations to potential clients
- Grow the learning and talent development offerings and actively driving the ongoing development of the practice, assuming operational responsibility for a range of assignments
- Drive innovation to ensure provision of market leading, relevant and highly targeted solutions and content-rich thought leadership to clients
- Contribute to delivery of wider strategic goals across PAS, as well as participating in initiatives for growth of the firm as a whole
Skills and attributes for success
- Core learning and talent development expertise such as learning strategy, architecting and building learning solutions with 1-2 areas of particular specialism (e.g. Board level learning)
- Be professional, quickly establishing personal credibility and demonstrating expertise
- Have strong personal impact and resilience, and be able to influence and persuade clients and stakeholders to gain support for major changes and key decisions
- Be able to understand complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions.
- Be skilled in facilitating and encouraging collaboration amongst team members (particularly those from different business areas/disciplines), and is capable of motivating teams to maximise performance
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Background of being an experienced management consultant / learning professional with relevant experience advising clients on the breadth of learning and talent development agenda
- Experience in architecting learning solutions for measurable outcomes within a large, complex, multinational organisation
- Experience of managing learning vendors alongside internal and/or client teams/stakeholders to drive target outputs/outcomes
- Demonstrable track record of building lasting client relationships, winning new business and developed existing accounts
- A proven track record of proactively managing senior client stakeholders, including providing constructive change, influencing decisions, providing robust advice, delivering difficult messages and managing performance issues, up to C-Suite level
- Experience of working in the Financial Services Sector
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Proven professional experience, including for example previous work with a Big 4, global management consultancy firm, niche consultancy or performed an in-house role in which you gained exposure to a large-scale project(s) in Financial Services
- A good understanding of the learning technology landscape and evolving learning solutions
- Relevant degree-level education
What we look for
- First and foremost, we’re looking for individuals with strong core consulting skills who can demonstrate real impact in the delivery of learning and talent development projects for our clients in Financial Services
- We’re also looking for team members who want to contribute to a great team environment and continue to learn and grow with us
- As our business is evolving, we need people who can develop our service offerings, understand client needs, grow our internal capability and connect with our global PAS business to maximise our global knowledge and experience
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY is a leading provider of business advice and services to clients in the Financial Services industry, working with some of the biggest names in the sector to address challenges posed by customer trends, market conditions, competition and regulators, and delivering real, sustainable change.
Our People Advisory Services (PAS) team is one of EY’s fastest growing teams. We work with clients as trusted advisors, to help them deliver on large scale transformations across banking and insurance.
With our continued success we’re diversifying and building our Digital HR and Change and Transformation offerings. This is a great opportunity to contribute to a wide range of engagements and direction of our rapidly expanding team.
Our focus areas include:
- Future Workforce planning and Organisational Design
- Change Management including: cost reduction and operational efficiencies, regulatory change, behavioural and cultural change
- Digital Transformation – Banking and Insurance
- Digital HR and HR Transactions
- Post-merger or transaction integration support
As we strive to build the better working world, our culture promotes providing you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you are excited about what you’ve read about us and our ambition, get in contact today, we would love to hear from you.
Join us in building a better working world.