Sales & Purchase Agreements Senior/Assistant Manager - Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
Sales & Purchase Agreements Senior/Assistant Manager - Transaction Forensics
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY's Forensic and Integrity Services - SPA Team provides expert support to clients, investment banks, lawyers and deal teams on M&A pricing mechanisms and the accounting aspects of sale and purchase agreements (SPAs), including support around any post deal Completion Accounts.
The role involves the identification and articulation of value issues related to deal completion mechanics to assist clients in their SPA negotiations and will involve interaction with deal teams and clients at all stages of a transaction from pre-deal work through to post-completion support.
Your key responsibilities
- Working closely with clients, their bankers and legal advisers, transaction diligence teams and other SPA team members to manage and deliver advice around the price adjustment mechanisms on M&A transactions, including analysis of cash, debt and working capital adjustments, preparation of pricing schedules, reviewing and commenting on the financial aspects of the SPA, assisting the client with their preparation or review of Completion Accounts, and performing Leakage reviews
- Drafting detailed and compelling outputs for clients
- Reviewing the work of other team members
- Provide insightful, deal-relevant points of view and recommendations to the client by leveraging your technical and commercial experience
- Taking ownership for Quality and Risk Management (Q&RM) to ensure client work is delivered consistently and in compliance with EY's quality standards
- Building valued relationships with external clients and internal peers and develop a portfolio of projects by focusing on high value opportunities
- Communicating with partners, directors and senior managers in a flat team structure.
Skills and attributes for success
- A specialist skill-set in a high value-add area for corporate and private equity clients
- Experience on a wide range of transactions (on both the buy-side and the sell-side) in different sectors and markets
- Analytical and negotiation techniques
- Insight into key value levers for clients in negotiating SPAs
- Experience working with due diligence teams to identify and mitigate risk for clients
- A strong network
To qualify for the role you must have
Knowledge and experience of a number of the following areas:
- Understanding, digesting, explaining and analysing financial information
- Modelling, testing, documenting financial scenarios and anticipating challenges
- Analysing strengths/weaknesses of opposing cases, formulating alternative scenarios and advising on strategic implications
- Preparation of high calibre presentations and thought leadership.
- Risk management
- Strong academic record including a degree (in any subject)
- Professional accountancy qualification
- Experience of M&A transactions a strong advantage
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness
- Project management skills
- Ability to manage the work of others and provide coaching and support
- Skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Confident interpersonal skills
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to simultaneously handle diverse and pressing assignments and sensitive and adversarial situations
- Critical thinker with very good attention to detail
- Comfortable working both independently or in a team
- Ability to work to tight project deadlines
- Desire to develop strong internal and external networks
- Strong communication skills
What we look for
We are looking for an individual who is hands-on and rigorous in their working style and a highly motivated team player, capable of working in a fast-paced environment. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly to both clients and other advisors. For the right candidate, this opportunity will provide stimulation and challenge and the prospect of career development in a key specialism within the firm.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world.
EY - Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.