Senior Tax Advisor, Asset Management, Financial Services, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
EY’s Financial Services (FS) Tax practice provides tax advisory, transaction, and compliance services to a variety of clients operating across the financial services industry. We are currently looking to recruit a Manager to work within our Alternatives Tax team which is part of our broader Wealth and Asset Management practice.
The Alternatives Tax team consists of Tax specialists who work across multiple alternatives asset classes including hedge funds, credit funds, private equity funds and real estate. Our clients include owner managed businesses, US inbounds and well-established UK and European asset managers. There is an ambitious growth target over the next few years, and as a result there are a number of opportunities for exceptional candidates.
We are looking for Senior Advisors with experience in alternative funds with an advisory focus; including experience in international tax fund structuring and providing advice across various UK corporate tax issues. You would join our UK FS International and Transaction Tax Services (ITTS) team which comprises 75 professionals and combines UK and international tax services (encompassing all technical corporate tax advisory services) with transaction tax services (M&A / deals tax). This team structure, introduced on a global EY basis in 2019, provides a cross-fertilisation of tax advisory services and provides rich career prospects for those with an aptitude for providing tax advice to the FS market including alternative fund managers.
Your key responsibilities
- Your focus will be on the delivery of high-quality tax advice to our alternative fund manager client base, and provide support to our growth strategy in the funds market;
- You will provide complex UK and international tax advice in respect of a wide variety of issues, including the structuring of funds, advising on issues at the management level, and carried interest planning;
- You will pursue and develop new opportunities both in respect of existing clients and prospective clients;
- You will lead a specialised team of tax professionals, develop their skills, and contribute to the enhancement of the team spirit;
- You will report directly to our partners and directors.
Skills and attributes for success
- Relevant tax experience either within the alternatives asset management industry, accounting firm, law firm or similar;
- High-level of familiarity with the alternatives asset management industry in general and hedge fund, private equity and credit funds is of particular interest;
- Experience of dealing in UK corporate tax and/or partnership matters;
To qualify for the role, you must have
- ACA / CA / Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course / Law qualification / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
- Excellent UK and international tax skills
- Solution focused
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Excellent communicator both written and oral
- Strong relationship management skills and be a team player
Ideally, you will also have
- Strong project management skills
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.