Regional Communications Executive - UK&I - BMC, Open to flexible working &n homeworking
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
This is a FTC role until Nov 2021
This is an opportunity for a communications professional to join a well-respected in-house communications team, at one of the world’s largest international accounting firms.
Based in the Midlands (but flexibility to work remotely) and reporting directly to the Regional Communications Manager in the region, you will work closely with a 20+ strong communications (internal and external) function fin the UK.
You will support the Regional Communications Manager with the delivery of communications activity in support of EY’s leaders across the region (primarily the firm’s Office Managing Partners).
An effective communicator, you will bring creative flair and energy to complex and sometimes technical subject matter helping to develop compelling stories that engage our people internally and appeal to local media.
You will work on a varied portfolio of integrated campaigns and communications activities that enhance our brand and purpose. You will support our internal communications channels and regional PR campaigns and will have the ability to manage priorities and flex your writing style to suit both internal and external audiences.
You will be expected to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including regional Partners, marketing, and target media outlets.
Your Key Responsibilities
Working with the Regional Communications Manager and the Office Managing Partners, across six of EY’s regional offices in the Midlands and South, you will help develop and implement the business’ communications (internal and external) strategy. The communications strategy supports the firm’s growth ambitions and business objectives, while building and protecting the firm’s brand and reputation with our people and the market.
Either from an in-house or agency background, you will have worked on communications programmes which engage internal audiences and national/regional media.
Skills And Attributes For Success:
- A self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude and the drive and enthusiasm to get the job done
- Networking experience / skills in a wide range of situations and with people at varying levels within an organisation
- Initiative, coupled with accuracy and attention to detail; reliability
- A strong team player and lateral thinker, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience of supporting the creation and delivery of internal and external communication strategies that support business objectives and produce measurable improvements in business performance
- Understanding and interest in, print and broadcast media relations
- Experience of using internal communications channels and techniques – event management, newsletter production, print and electronic media production
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and to manage several projects concurrently; excellent time management / organisational skills, initiative, coupled with accuracy and attention to detail
Ideally, you’ll also be:
- IT literate with a sound command of the Windows Office programs
- Experienced working in a complex, matrix environment, with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of developing communications for social channels
We Look For
A capable, motivated communications professional with a desire to learn and grow in a dynamic team.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.