Tax Manager, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The successful candidate will work to support the Global Internal Tax Group (GITG) to manage tax affairs of the EY network’s central entities and manage tax matters arising from their transactions with the EY member firms worldwide. The successful applicant will be someone who demonstrates the ability to integrate with new teams quickly, is outgoing and able to build good relationships with key stakeholders. They will have the ability to produce high quality work and have good tax technical skills. The candidate should have a good knowledge of international tax principles. A good ground in UK tax and relevant UK cooperate tax experience in compliance and/or consulting is also desired, but specialist UK tax technical expertise is not a prerequisite.
The team is fully supportive and actively encourages flexible working and will work closely with the successful applicant to facilitate them putting in place the appropriate flexible working arrangements.
Your key responsibilities
Working with key members of the GITG to provide support. This is likely to include:
- Prepare UK corporation returns for central entities Undertake CFC reviews
- Update master file documentation
- Prepare UK Tax Strategy and CBCR reporting
Structuring of central network entities:
- Assisting the GITG members with structural aspects of the central network organisation including advising on.
- Cross border asset transfers and asset holding structures
- Cost sharing agreements
- Joint venture arrangements between Member Firms
- New legislative developments (past examples have included EU ATAD, MDR.
- Mutual trader regime
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to manage your own time and to manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Commitment to developing self, proactive mindset and desire to make the role your own
- Desire to acquire sound knowledge of EY network organisation and internal operations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals worldwide
- Team player
- Confident, outgoing, friendly and enthusiastic attitude to work
To qualify for the role you must have
- Good knowledge of and experience with UK taxes, with focus on corporate / entity taxation (as opposed to personal taxes)
- Familiarity with international tax principles
- Sound accounting knowledge, including familiarity with accounting principles and ability to understand and interpret statutory and management accounts
- Ability to write clear articulate documents, summarising complex tax or accounting matters
- Proficient/advanced user of MS Office package, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint Proven analytical skills and good attention to accuracy and detail
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate across the team
- Willing to take on new challenges within the role
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Proficient knowledge of and practical experience with international tax matters
- Accountancy qualification (working in a tax role) or tax specialist (ATT or CTA)
What we offer
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly integrated, global team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY - Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.