Global Media Relations and Social Media - EY Insights, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The EY Global Media Relations and Social Media team is seeking an experienced and motivated PR and social media assistant director to join its award-winning team. Working in a flexible model, the assistant director will predominately work with the EY Insights portfolio but will also lend support to other programs particularly across the EY Markets go-to-market programs.
This role is focused on positioning EY as a leading voice on C-Suite and Board matters and issues. The range of programs include the EY Global Center for Board Matters, the EY Digital and Business Disruption unit, the EY Alumni program, Innovation Realized and Women. Fast forward. The ideal candidate is able to grasp a broad range of issues and capitalize media and business trends to help to EY increase awareness, demand and loyalty from C-suite executives. S/he is a dynamic self-starter and a strong writer with a track record in building and maintaining strong relationships with senior stakeholders and media, while having a good knowledge of social media best practice. The individual also has the intellectual rigour to work with complex and/or technical subject matter to create compelling and headline-grabbing media stories that work across the world. The individual will be equally adept at creating social media strategies and plans to flawlessly execute and report on them. The ideal candidate is an experienced, organized, proactive, energetic, detail-oriented professional who enjoys a mix of strategic planning, practical execution as well as measurement.
The assistant director will also work directly with the EY global PR and social media manager networks to ensure the EY Insights programs, thought leadership, initiatives and leadership secure earned media coverage and social media amplification in key markets and countries, as well as across leader and service line social media channels.
Your key responsibilities
The role supports publishing social media content at the global level and covers:
- Work as a strategic external communications advisor to the EY Insights programs team and associated senior leaders in developing practical and measurable PR and social media plans and ultimately be considered a valued extended member of the overall team
- Bring fresh ideas and thinking to the team; remain current on PR and relevant trends and embed in PR strategy and execution
- Develop impactful PR, social programs and ideas that are provocative, shape the dialogue and drive brand favorability
- Manage social media channels, including the creation of social media copy and assets to drive awareness and interest in the portfolio and its content; also, leading community management across specific EY Insights channels.
- Position all program and other relevant leadership as experts on key industry issues and hot topics by placing op-eds/comment pieces and pitching reports
- Track and use the global news agenda to identify reactive opportunities for commentary
- Plan effectively to create a compelling PR calendar of activities for track features across all relevant media
- Prepare press releases and other media briefing materials for launches of global surveys, studies and campaigns; create content that builds engagement with the global media relations network
- Develop measurement presentations to summarize campaign results and communicate outcomes and key learnings to key stakeholders
- Work across time zones and communicate regularly with the EY global PR network, informing them of appropriate initiatives and briefing them where appropriate
- Continually act as an ambassador for BMC across all internal and external engagements
- Work as part of an integrated agile team as needed to support key firm-wide projects as needed
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong stakeholder management and demonstrate the ability to balance and prioritize competing and a wide array of demands
- A strong team player and lateral thinker, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, managing multiple priorities effectively
- Ability to work with a wide range of senior leaderships and to develop opportunities to position them in traditional and social media
- Strong writing; ability to demonstrate critical thinking and judgment on PR strategies, messages
- Deep understanding of the Social media landscape, ideally with experience developing visual assets, copywriting and working with Sprinklr, Smarp (or similar tools);
- Experience working on social influencer campaigns is a plus
To qualify for the role you must have
- PR experience working in-house or PR agency; also in-depth knowledge, contacts and expertise on technology related products, services or issues
- Extensive experience in managing and advising senior leadership on a day-to-day basis
- Accuracy and attention to detail; reliability
- An ability to work with complex, sometimes technical or specialist content
- Good existing relationships or work effectively with producers at broadcast media (including CNBC, Bloomberg, CNN and BBC World) and general business and markets writers at key international media (including Financial Times, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Reuters, Dow Jones)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity, as this role will involve daily interaction with people in countries around the globe
- A self-starter with a “can do” attitude and the drive to get the job done; the potential to develop within the organization
- A passion for current affairs and business news and ideally have past experience of working within PR and communications
What we look for
We’re looking for a high-energy, growth minded individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. This individual is results oriented and enjoys working as part of a team to help us continue to deliver world-class PR and social media initiatives in an ever-changing environment.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY - Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.