Senior Manager, Business Design (Sales Transformation), open to flexible working
- Contract Type
We are looking for consultants with experience transforming the sales function for B2B organisations. It’s an exciting time to be joining our team as we are experiencing significant client demand for this capability, which means we need some new talent to help us grow even faster.
As a Senior Manager, you will take responsibility for the end-to-end sale and delivery of client engagements, managing teams of between 6 - 10+ consultants and being the first port of call for our clients. You will help shape, sell and ultimately deliver Sales Transformation engagements, with exposure to senior client stakeholders up to c-suite level.
You will work on engagements that help clients improve and transform their Sales Organisations to accelerate profitable revenue growth. We expect you to have experience in some of the following areas:
- Designing and implementing sales strategies – this would involve segmenting customers, building new sales coverage models, designing value propositions and implementing new commercial models
- Designing and implementing new sales models – this would involve assessing existing operating models, recommending enhancements and building the organizational structure to support new models
- Designing and implementing new sales processes – this would involve developing new end to end sales processes covering pre and post-sale activities and making recommendations on how clients can better deploy technology to improve sales effectiveness
- Designing and implementing new approaches to talent management – this would involve thinking about the way sales teams are compensated and whether pay aligns to performance and helping clients to better train, manage and retain the talent in their organisation
- Designing and implementing sales enablement capabilities – this would involve helping our clients to think through how they better align sales and marketing activities so that teams are able to have more impactful conversations with their customers
At Senior Manager level, you will not only be developing the recommendations that will ultimately be implemented by our clients, but you will also be a key contributor to the growth of EY Seren’s business, by identifying potential opportunities for our services and helping develop new offers and thought leadership to take to market.
Your key responsibilities
- Play an active role in the identification, shaping and closure of Sales Transformation client opportunities.
- Take ownership for successful delivery of client engagements, overseeing all aspects over the engagement duration (6-12 months+).
- Use your experience, creativity and analytical skills to help find solutions to our clients’ problems.
- Bring the best of EY to our clients by showing professionalism, responsiveness, teaming effectively with your colleagues, building internal and external networks, and ensuring quality in all your work.
- Be vocal within the market to promote our brand and generate the next generation of opportunities to further grow the business
Skills and attributes for success
- Have a track record of helping clients to achieve measurable results in transforming their B2B sales function
- Experience writing compelling client proposals which turned into sold work
- Have worked with senior stakeholders in organisations, including up to c-suite level
- Ability and willingness to tackle difficult and open-ended client problems
- Experience of putting in place the right project structure and governance to ensure client outcomes are achieved successfully
- Track record of building and managing high performing teams of 6 – 10+ resources
- Familiarity with sales technologies including sales planning and territory management tools, CRM, digital selling platforms e.g. LinkedIn Sales Navigator and sales enablement tools
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Extensive external or internal consulting experience helping clients to think through challenges with their sales organisations and implement solutions that help accelerate growth
- Led 2 – 4 engagements end to end, overseeing the completion of all deliverables across multiple workstreams and being the main of contact for client leadership
- Experience leading teams of 8 – 12 people across multiple workstreams on an engagement
- Experience shaping, selling and delivering Sales Transformation, Sales Excellence or Sales Effectiveness projects
What we look for
- Strong leaders who are team players, collaborative and have a desire to shape the next phase of growth of our Go-to-Market approach
- Willingness to coach and develop others, often across multiple workstreams on the same engagement
- Commitment to go the extra mile to achieve results and be able to articulate the value results have delivered for clients
- Track record of supporting the sale of multi-million-pound consulting engagements
- Curiosity to challenge existing ways of working in order to improve the outcomes for our clients
- Learners at heart who are looking to embrace the way technology can be employed to evolve existing ways of working
- Exceptional eye for detail and a desire to deliver high quality outputs that exceed client expectations
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Click "Apply" to be taken to our site