FAAS - Banking & Capital Markets - Senior, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Within EY, FAAS (Financial Accounting advisory services) operates across a global network and the UK has dedicated team focussing on Financial Services clients. Given the dynamic and innovative landscape of financial services and products, FAAS specialists must deal with the added complexity of understanding and implementing financial accounting and regulatory change in a constantly changing environment.
You will be joining a team that specialises in transforming large financial services client’s operational risk management and control environment focussed on financial reporting and regulatory reporting. Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional advisory services for our clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex control environment challenges. As you build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries.
The areas we work in include risk appetite articulation, risk and controls assessment, design and implementation of control framework to meet compliance requirements including recent regulatory developments in the UK, advanced risk and controls analytics, automation of controls and use of technology to drive better operational risk management.
Your key responsibilities
- Implementation of COSO framework to meet SOX ICFR compliance
- External audit experience and knowledge of audit standards to ensure controls implemented meet assurance requirements
- Performing top down risk assessment, designing controls, implementation of controls, and monitoring operational effectiveness of controls to meet SOX compliance
- Performing controls gap assessment, developing remediation plans and experienced in supporting clients deliver remediation activities
- Knowledge or experience in building advanced analytics dashboards to facilitate controls monitoring and MI
Skills and attributes for success
- Have a strong understanding of financial reporting and regulatory reporting processes of financial services clients.
- Have a good understanding of recent regulatory developments on monitoring and reporting of controls, and the likely impact on financial services clients.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Have a strong understanding of financial reporting and regulatory reporting processes of financial services clients
- Have a good understanding of recent regulatory developments on monitoring and reporting of controls, and the likely impact on financial services clients
- Qualified in ACCA or ACA qualified or equivalent professional qualification
- Experience in Financial Services, ideally banking
What we look for
- We are looking for candidates who have strong technical experience and are passionate to help clients better their control environment.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Please note: Prior to finalising your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY - Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.