Director, International Tax and Transaction Services - open to flexible working
- Contract Type
This is a period of unprecedented change in the global international tax arena, which is resulting in huge demand in the market for specialised tax advisory services.
We have ambitious growth plans in our FS ITTS team. If you’re an experienced senior manager or director with an interest in Banking, Insurance and/or Wealth & Asset Management and want to further build on your industry knowledge and expertise, you can be certain that as a Tax Director within our team you’ll be joining a group which offers you unrivalled opportunities to work on a broad range of advisory opportunities from smaller inbound clients to huge multinationals.
EY’s global merger of its International Tax and Transaction Tax teams means that ITTS professionals can also advise on the structuring aspects of some of the largest corporate M&A deals and due to this unique structure, we can offer variety and/or specialism. Professionals in our team may work across our sub-sectors; Banking, Insurance, Wealth & Asset Management; or may specialise in any one of these.
Your key responsibilities
- Building and maintaining key client relationships by delivering exceptional client service
- Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
- Identifying and driving opportunities –use your knowledge gained from other projects and from our knowledge sharing sessions and technical training to add input to projects and proposals
- Building your own strong client and internal relationships - develop and use your relationship skills to create your own external and internal networks
- Counsel and develop junior staff through delegation and on the job training
Skills and attributes for success
- Client driven and strategically and commercially aware
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Strong and motivated team player
- Coaching and developing more junior staff
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Experienced tax practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in international tax
- Any of the following preferred: ATT / ACA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA, e.g. law qualification)
- Experience of working with financial services clients
- Graduate/graduate calibre or equivalent work experience
- Previous people management experience
Ideally, you will also have
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior team members
What we look for
You’ll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of global developments in UK and international tax concepts and issues so that you can better advise our clients.
The types of project you’ll contribute towards may include
- Expansion into new markets
- Pre-transaction reorganisations and post-transaction integration
- Organisational structure rationalisation
- Business model redesign
- Managing the risk arising from international developments (e.g. BEPS, ATAD)
- Lobbying and negotiation with tax authorities in the UK and globally
- Buy-side and sell-side tax diligence and structuring services
- Optimisation of capital structure and financing
- Tax modelling
In return we’ll provide investment in the right sort of training and offer you the opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you’re in the best place to further develop as tax professional.
Whatever the projects and assignments you work on you can be confident that you’re contributing towards helping our clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy ensuring technical excellence and providing the highest levels of client service.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.