Indirect Tax Director - Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
Our indirect Tax professionals advise clients to manage their indirect tax compliance obligations, to identify opportunities and mitigate indirect tax risks. They use their deep sector experience and knowledge of different legal and regulatory systems around the world to help clients meet their compliance obligations as well as achieve their business goals.
Our indirect tax professionals provide pragmatic commercial help so clients improve their day-to-day reporting for indirect tax. This includes improving working capital, reducing errors, reducing costs and ensuring indirect taxes are handled correctly. They advise how indirect taxes such as value added tax (VAT) or goods & services tax (GST) impinge on the client’s supply chain and financial and accounting systems
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual to join EY’s specialist Indirect Tax team. The team help support and deliver Indirect Tax advice for their clients across the UK. This role will provide an opportunity to be involved in a fast growth part of the Indirect Tax team, focusing on mid-market and large corporates.
Your key responsibilities
- Enthusiastic manager with ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams
- Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day leadership of delivery team
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
Your client responsibilities
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide exceptional levels of client service
- Business development skills - able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work by proactively managing existing clients.
- Overall responsibility for quality of client service
- Manage possible leads from other areas of the practice
- Build networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from
- Contribute to successfully extracting maximum value for both EY and clients from the tax services delivered whilst managing risk appropriately for both client and the firm
Skills and attributes for success
- Client driven and strategically and commercially aware
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget and working capital.
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA/ACCA/CA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course; or Law qualification. CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
- Basic understanding of accounting principles such as journal adjustments and GL reconciliations
- Highly experienced tax practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in functional area
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Ability to build strong client relationships.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.