Operations Executive - UK&I - Corporate Finance, Job share - 2 Days per week
- Contract Type
This is a role for an ambitious and hard-working Executive who is seeking the opportunity to further develop operational, analytics and consulting skills and expertise in an internal capacity within the complexities of a global organisation.
Corporate Finance (“CF”) is looking for an Operations Executive to support the Senior Operations Manager (“SOM”) in driving operational improvements across the CF business and playing a key role in ensuring the operational aspects of the business run smoothly.
This person would work with the Senior Operations Manager and the CF Partner group to help the CF business achieve its strategic priorities.
You don’t necessarily need prior experience of operations as long as you’re willing to learn and committed to develop your skills and knowledge.
Your key responsibilities
The core accountabilities in supporting the SOM and the CF Partner group are as follows:
- Board Pack/Contingent Book – assist in the preparation of the monthly Board Pack
- Evaluation of performance against Financial Plan targets and key performance drivers
- Analyse Cluster revenue forecasts and Pipeline/Key Pursuits, present analysis and draft commentary.
- Assist SOM in qualitative review of Contingent book and forming views on likely outturn
Financials / Mercury
- Monthly review of CF engagement information
- Perform analysis and further investigation
- Present analysis to Management Team with recommendations for actions needed
- Ensure completion/compliance across CF and provide assistance to engagement teams where issues arise
- Working Capital - regular monitoring of WIP and Debtors. Work with Engagement Partners and Managers to ensure regular billing and cash collection and anticipate potential issues to maximise billings (eg expenses) and minimise write-offs
- Queued Code – regular monitoring to anticipate potential issues and minimise adverse reversals
- Assist in the preparation of internal comms within CF (eg weekly news, People Agenda)
- Responsibility for managing this process which is a key point in deciding what work we take on and thus positively impacts our profitability
- Manage the pool of Analysts who chair these sessions
- Ensure updated records of EC submissions/outcomes are maintained – in order to provide meaningful management information (win ratio, margin analysis)
- There are likely to be ad hoc projects that arise that the Operation Executive may lead or support as required.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Accounting qualification (eg ACA) and/or financial background (eg transactions experience) welcome but not essential
What we look for:
- Operations staff who want to experience a new Service Line/Sub Service Line or a new type of role
- Finance staff who want to experience the broader elements of an Operations role
- Client-serving staff who want to experience a support role which is still at the heart of our client-serving business
- Other non-client-serving staff who want to experience a new part of CBS
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.