Talent Consultant FSO - UK wide, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
The FSO Talent Consultant is a trusted advisor to the business and supports the Strategic Talent Consultant (STC) partnering across a FSO Service line, ensuring the best people solutions are delivered to meet the strategic imperatives of the business and provide commercial people-related advice and guidance to leadership and management
Your key responsibilities
- Support the FSO SL STC in delivering a strategic partnering service, acting as a trusted advisor to the business by building and maintaining influential relationships.
- Working closely with leaders and managers to co-develop solutions to meet their business needs, shifting thinking and embedding change where necessary.
- Contribute to the formulation of the Talent Strategy giving consideration to the FSO SL overall strategic priorities, especially in relation to talent management, leadership development, managing change, performance management and organisational design.
- Takes an overview of the Talent service being delivered by the wider Talent team for the SL(s) and seeks areas for improvement.
- Manage the delivery of Talent Pipeline Reviews and Pathways to Partner submissions as required, including the tracking of key talent, succession planning and wider talent development and engagement, ensuring D&I, markets/sector lens and mapping against Workforce Planning.
- Support the STC to partner with stakeholders to deliver the wider Talent strategy especially in relation to talent management, leadership development, managing change performance management and organisational design.
- Work with STC to analyse and propose actions of engagement arising from the results of listening tools. E.g. EYPP and Culture Survey.
- Provide insight and support on key business strategic ad hoc projects such as change management, acquisitions and organisational design.
- Manage and coordinate cyclical activities such as pay review, promotions and LEAD in conjunction with Ops teams, Reward and SL stakeholders.
- Engage with SL and Reward on benchmarking activities and conduct reviews with key stakeholders to inform pay planning, providing insight and challenge to help inform the pay story decision-making and taking into account market review data.
- Partnering with stakeholders and Ops/Resourcing to support the creation of workforce plans with each SL/Sub SL identifying workforce capability needs.
- Work with the talent development team and key stakeholders to identify nominations for key leadership development programmes, challenging where required.
- Anticipates issues and needs within the SL and address these effectively providing a first class client service to management.
- Leads with and adds insights to data and comes up with ideas/solutions to potential and emerging problems.
- Ensure all necessary activity relating to LEAD cyclical activity, year end and pay planning are delivered in the most professional and effective manner ensuring consistency across the region.
- Evaluate requests and initiatives from the SL before deciding an appropriate response. Challenge and influence the business to ensure the most appropriate course of action.
- Provide insight on People issues, providing a robust point of view on business decisions and their impact upon people.
- Supports our drive to be an inclusive employer valuing diversity and difference.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues in Talent to shape and deliver a positive employee experience.
- Partner with senior leadership and key stakeholders building positive relationships across the SL.
- Partner closely with FSO SL Lead partners and senior CBS/Talent Leadership aligned to FSO SL.
- Team closely with HR Operations Centre of Excellence (HR Ops COE) to deliver on daily requirements and ad hoc projects and initiatives.
Skills and attributes for success
- Proven strong Employee Relations experience of complex disciplinary, grievance and performance management activities.
- Current knowledge of Diversity and Inclusiveness practices and thought leadership.
- Experience of making a contribution to business decision making, strategic planning discussions and operational planning events.
- Resilient, practical and a self starter; comfortable with working on own and in teams.
- Demonstrates ability to coach and advise partners/directors/senior managers.
- Possesses leading edge knowledge of contemporary HR practices.
- Occasional travel will be required.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Requires an experienced HR Manager with a proven track record of working in a complex matrix environment.
- Professionally qualified. A post graduate qualification in a Business or Human Resource discipline is desirable.
What we look for
- Proven ability to influence at all levels in the organisation, preferably in a professional services environment.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.