Workplace Savings Specialist, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours
With over five million customers, and having celebrated our 200th anniversary in 2015, Scottish Widows is one of the UK's most trusted Life, Pensions and Investments providers. We want to ensure this success continues and grows, and in Insurance and Wealth we contribute to this success by providing critical services to our customers and supporting them with their Insurance needs, whilst ensuring the customer is at the heart of our business.
The Workplace Specialist team are integral to the success of our Insurance strategy to 'protect today and secure tomorrow'. Our colleagues represent and promote our flagship Scottish Widows workplace savings propositions across the financial services industry; engaging with consultants, advisers, employers, trustees, and end-customers, to build strong, lasting relationships to achieve business results.
The core purpose of this exciting new role is to help drive the development and understanding of the Scottish Widows workplace proposition as part of the Workplace Specialist team within the Insurance and Wealth Division of Lloyds Banking Group, exerting technical expertise and influence to increase the flow of new business and maintain close relationship with colleagues, intermediaries and our Bank relationships.
You'll be accountable for managing and driving targeted new business activity, supporting the development of our colleagues and working with other parts of the Group, in order to grow our funds under management and provide specialist support to deliver our workplace strategy.
What will you be doing?
- Be considered a specialist and advocate for the workplace proposition both internally and externally.
- Monitor and help drive workplace new business performance
- In consultation with the sales leadership team, take ownership of creating and delivering an ongoing engagement programme for generalist BDMs/RSC's in a way that supports the workplace growth ambitions of the business.
- Provide technical and signposting support to generalist BDMs/RSC's as they seek to develop their knowledge and skill base.
- Facilitate the sharing of best practise and liaise regularly with specialist and generalist management to ensure key messages are successfully delivered.
- In consultation with the Specialist Workplace Team ensure the Take to Market messages are creative, innovative and add value.
- Provide a pivot point between the Distribution, Proposition and Marketing teams to ensure there is consistency and coherence of understanding around propositional changes and our development priorities.
- Support key events and meetings and be available to support specialist colleagues where necessary.
- Align with specified risk and compliance procedures and practices ensuring that you are operating within Lloyds Banking Group policies at all times.
- Work closely with proposition colleagues to ensure intermediaries and colleagues see the best of our SW propositions and proposition colleagues benefit from a clear and reasoned assessment of the SW position in the market
So what about your Workplace Specialist skills?
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills across all levels including new business pitching, with the ability to create a high impact experience in every interaction whether on a one to one or group basis.
- Ability to design, implement and deliver an effective training programme and monitor its success in line with agreed measures set by senior management.
- Ensure Workplace can optimise its distribution potential through whole of market distribution channels.
- Detailed knowledge of the workplace market, the competitor landscape and developments therein and be able to articulate SW's strengths versus competitors.
- Experienced in consultative selling and have the ability to coach this methodology
- Experience of working in a business development environment with front line experience of dealing with intermediary relationships.
- Understanding of the intermediary market place including regulatory, technical and legislative issues.
- Strong analytical skills proven through the ability to review a range of information and metrics and identify and prioritise appropriate actions
You'd get a benefits package that includes;
- A performance related bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both expertly and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.
****There is a degree of flexibility on the location of this role. The broad base salary banding across the UK is from £59,000pa to £79,000pa plus the above listed benefits. Salaries in the London area will be reflected towards the upper end of this bracket****