Controls Testing Manager - Change Management, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
We are the largest provider of digital banking products in the UK and there couldn't be a better time to join us. As a Controls Testing Manager in our specialist Transformation focussed Team, you will work in a highly collaborative way and enjoy seeing your influence through enhancements to change delivery control management Ultimately, the assurance you provide will help to ensure that our Digital Transformations are implemented safely and provide quality customer experience.
The Change Control Testing Manager will have responsibility for planning and delivery of testing to an agreed schedule of activity. This includes leading and coaching a team of testers to ensure it is completed to the appropriate standard. Outputs will need to be communicated to key stakeholders utilising a deep understanding of risk management and/ or change expertise to provide insight on controls in Group Transformation.
Lloyds Banking Group are looking for a Controls Testing Manager! This is a super opportunity to work within the centralised COO Business Risk & Governance Function. You'll be working with a large Team of Controls Testers, carrying out complex testing of change delivery controls in Group Transformation. This will include planning, engaging with key business stakeholders and consolidating results into meaningful reports.
What you'll be doing...
- Undertake and lead delivery of agreed testing activity ensuring delivery within timeframe and to the necessary standard
- Support more junior colleagues in delivery of difficult messages ensuring the accuracy of test results is not compromised or diluted
- Contribute to the production of high quality, insightful management information on control effectiveness
- Ensure timely and accurate records are maintained for output of testing activity for self and team including the updating of RCSA.
- Monitor remediation of ineffective controls in conjunction with risk partners
- Plan and handle resource to deliver testing plan
- Organise self and others to ensure allocated testing is completed to the highest standard within allotted timescale. Escalate where necessary if test activity is under pressure.
- Work well both independently and as part of a team and demonstrate planning and organisational skills to balance personal workload.
- Identify opportunity for efficiency and / or improvement in committed testing activities
- Establish, develop and maintain stakeholder relationships across the business to aid delivery of testing activities and communicate control testing outcomes
- Support the development of colleagues at Band C & D through coaching and provision of stretch opportunity.
We're looking for you to have...
- A deep understanding of business risk and in particular how effective control management supports risk mitigation
- Experience of change management processes
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing capabilities
- Ability to turn outputs into high quality management information
- Comfortable communicating complex information to senior colleagues
Ideally, you'll have...
- Prior experience within a controls testing/ Quality Assurance/ Audit function
- Detailed understanding of Lloyds Change methodologies - Agile and Fast path
- Ability to analyse data sets and actively use this to help explain outcomes/ solutions
- Detailed understanding of control design and LBG 1RCSA Principles
- Proven ability to coach teams and provide leadership to junior colleagues
- Experience with RCSA system
- Experience of using CMT, JIRA and Confluence applications
- Good level of Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
Want to hear more?
You'll be offered a competitive package which includes...
- salary - which will be dependant upon location
- a generous pension contribution and
- Flex cash to spend on a host of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both professionally and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel welcomed and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible!