Scrum Master (12 month FTC), Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Change agent with a passion for working with people and teams to deliver their best work. The role will facilitate new ways of working within teams using agile techniques. Supporting teams to deliver more effectively is the main goal.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're inspired by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
We are passionate about having a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's leading Digital Bank and biggest mobile bank with 17 million active digital customers across our brands. Now that we have already created the market leader in digital banking, we are on a journey to create the bank of the future, for which we are investing £3bn across platforms, people and data capabilities to truly become the best bank for customers.
Want to know more?
Lloyds Banking Group are redefining the way we do Engineering. We've created "LBG Labs" and we're building multi-functional, co-located teams giving them freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business. This will help us create new, and improve existing, products and services to help us really make a difference to our customers.
A Lab is a co-located team who work together on key projects to deliver value at pace by designing services that people find useful, easy and engaging to use. Typically, a Lab has a strong focus on complex problem solving in an agile environment where engineers are free to experiment and create innovative products which will transform the way our customers engage with us.
Our Financial Planning & Retirement Labs are focused on improving support to our customers throughout their financial lives, with clear, straightforward customer journeys, helping empower them to make the right decisions on their long-term Saving, Investment & Retirement needs.
Here's where you will make a difference:
- Help the Team and Lab to embed Transformation Principles and Practices and continuously improve their ways of working (WoW).
- Support the Team and Lab to understand and utilise Agile frameworks (Scaling, Scrum, Kanban etc) and Agile events (Scrum of Scrums, PI planning, retrospectives etc) to understand the value and purpose of them.
- Help the Product Owner to lead an effective Product Backlog
- Coach the team in clarifying work items and questioning details of work to attain a DOR, promoting standard methodologies in refinement, prioritisation, stakeholder engagement and introducing tools and techniques.
- Coach and empower the team to self-manage, utilise feedback for continuous learning and improvement in efficient and incremental value delivery.
- Guide the team to measure and understand their performance through metrics (throughput, cycle time, happiness etc) and use this as the basis for their improvement activity.
- Coach and support the team to identify blockers / barriers to effective delivery and remove these or raise where appropriate
What we need from you:
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile Frameworks (such as the Scrum, Kanban, Lean, SaFE) and has practical experience of working in Agile environments.
- Experience of change delivery cycles.
- Shows knowledge and some experience of other techniques that support Agile working, such as Dev Ops, System Thinking, Queueing Theory, Complex Adaptive systems, Theory of Constraints / Critical Chain.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and experience working with the Transformation Principles and Practices (TP&Ps).
- Scrum Master Certification - PSM1 or equivalent
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll contribute up to a max of 15%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday plus bank holiday
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today; we'd love to hear from you...