LBG Returners - Service Designer x3 - (flexible hours and location, job-share applicants welcome)
- Contract Type
Job Description Summary
Got a passion for customer experience design? We’re excited to be looking for an empathetic, visual storytellers to join our Design Teams
So if that sounds like you, and you’ve taken a career break for at least 18 months, then you’re eligible to apply for this Returners role.
Why the Lloyds Banking Group Returners Programme?
Unlike with some other Returner Programmes, this is the offer of a permanent role in a supportive working environment from day one. Since our award-winning programme was launched eight years ago, we’ve hired more than 120 passionate professionals back into leadership roles.
We expect this role to work in a hybrid way, flexing between working from home and with at least two days a week in a local office. We recognise that in order to attract the best people we need to be flexible – that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable! Whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we're happy to be asked.
We welcome our Returners into teams where we're committed to help build your workplace expertise. We’ll also provide a 16-week programme of additional wrap-around support crafted to restore skills and help you step back into your career. Just search ‘Lloyds Banking Group Returners Programme’ to find out more
Purpose of the role
Service Designers come from many backgrounds, but what unites them is the ability to be empathetic, strategic and collaborative; to communicate visually and engage through storytelling; and to facilitate, coach and build capability in others.
Service design is all about how everything really works – understanding what customers need, designing integrated solutions to meet that need, and arranging our processes, systems and people in a way that makes it all possible. You’ll work alongside product owners, engineers and other designers to turn plans into reality, but your role is to see the big picture, ask probing questions and facilitate creative thinking in the teams you work with.
You’ll design crucial end-to-end services that enable our customers to thrive; supporting the UK’s pandemic recovery and helping Britain prosper. Whether it’s saving, spending or borrowing, we want to help our personal and business customers navigate their financial journey.
So what does that involve?
- Facilitating workshops and discussions, making sure that the business context, needs and risks are well understood and that key decisions are well-informed.
- Leading research activities to ensure we‘re led by colleague, customer and market insight when creating or enhancing our propositions and services.
- Understanding and documenting how services are currently delivered, and finding opportunities to improve the experience.
- Helping others to make good design decisions, which unite customer needs and business outcomes and challenging constraints.
- Being an active member of the design community to share knowledge, create ideas, and embed principles of design across product, service and customer journeys.
We'd love to see a number of the below aspects in your background:
- The ability to be empathetic, strategic and collaborative.
- Experience in planning and conducting both quantitative and qualitative research
- Experience in applying a range of design methods and frameworks to define problems and identify solutions
- Familiarity with the personal, business or commercial financial services sector would be beneficial. We’re open to hearing about relevant, transferable experience from other areas of your career too
What do we want to see in your style?
You’re endlessly curious with a passion for creating amazing customer and colleague experience.
You thoroughly enjoy investigating a tricky and complex problem, and working through ambiguity.
You build relationships with ease, making connections across teams and helping colleagues understand the value of the design process.
And you'll have a gift for clear communication to explain findings, getting the balance right between providing detail and keeping it simple.
What we'll give you in return
This role is permanent with a regular salary and access to wide range of flexible benefits including private medical care and holiday buying.
We'll help you get up to speed quickly and provide you with challenges that make a difference to real lives; a positive opportunity to work alongside committed people who care about our customers.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
So if you're ready to dust off those hard-won skills then apply today and see where the programme will take you...we'd love to hear from you.