Software Engineer in Automation Testing - Open to flexible & hybrid working
- Contract Type
Software Development Engineer in Test
Lloyds Banking Group
London based (home office split is roughly 1-3 days per week in the office with the rest from home)
Salary & Benefits: £57,861 to £80,294 (depending on experience) base salary, plus annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution (when you put in 6%), 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Where does the role sit?
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the Digital Platform and Releases lab to shape and build the capabilities that Lloyds Banking needs to empower our Customers with innovative digital products.
Some examples of what we do are native Mobile frameworks, Web frameworks, Mobile Application Security frameworks.
What would I focus upon?
Joining us as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) in the Mobile Platform team. You'll play a key role in driving quality software solutions for Mobile applications. You would strive to deliver exciting customer driven solutions whilst reducing risk by implementing the right level of engineering artefacts through Agile testing. An "Automation first" approach in every phase of the software delivery process will aid speed to market and better quality.
- Take ownership of specific problems and deliver customer focused outcomes
- Be a great teammate who can build relationships and work efficiently with other teams across a variety of domains
- Excitingly you can exercise your "T-Shape" capabilities to develop and further improve the expansion of the Test Automation framework to not only deliver quality testing but in a rapid execution timeline.
You work closely with wider engineering community including Android & iOS developers, security engineers, DevOps and a range of shared teams.
Other specific activities would include defining acceptance testing criteria, endorsing modern testing approaches, working with relevant people to understand the solution choices, maintaining traceability, building trust in the quality of the product, identifying defects and lastly to be a quality engineering champion within Lloyds!
What will we look for on your resume?
We like people who come from diverse industry backgrounds, to be seriously considered for the role we would need to see the following as a minimum.
- Prior experience working as a mid to senior level software engineer who is interested in focusing on automation testing in Mobile, or a background specifically within automation testing and the desired coding skills.
- Good knowledge of the full mobile app development lifecycle.
- Manual and automated testing, functional and non-functional coverage as well as defect management.
- Has an understanding of Java Script, TypeScript and/or additional languages E.g. Java, NodeJS etc.
- Experience of any testing frameworks E.g., WDIO, Selenium, Cucumber, Appium etc.
- Experience on cloud tools (like Saucelab, HeadSpin, Perfecto etc).
- Experience on DevOps tools (Jenkins, GIT etc).
What support will I get and how will my career grow?
With an exposure to the Digital Platform domain, you will have a career on working with solutions that will enable continuous testing of mobile app, while having a footprint on most of the Banking products which means a phenomenal learning is ahead for you to craft across Banking teams.
All our Senior Software engineers are highly adaptable, flexible, adapt to succeed, all within an open collaborative peer environment, solving problems in insightful ways.
Together we make it possible….