C++ Software Engineer: (Repos Team, Investment Banking) - Open to flexible & hybrid working
- Contract Type
C++ Software Engineer: (Repos Team, Investment Banking)
Lloyds Banking Group, Commercial Banking
London based (hybrid working pattern, 2 days per week in office & rest from home, you can be located anywhere as long as you can commute to London those days under your own cost)
Salary & Benefits: £69,448 to £110,853 (depending on experience) base salary, plus annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution (when you put in 6%), 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays.
We are very flexible employers and don't stick to the normal 9-5. Within reason you can work hours to suit your lifestyle. We're very family friendly as a company.
Regarding Visa Applications: Please note we can only consider supporting applications requiring a visa from those currently in the UK with experience of C++ & Repos.
Where to the roles sit and what does the function support?
Markets Value Stream, part of Commercial and Business Banking Transformation is focused on product management and development of all aspects of the customer journey in Traded products for the Ring Fenced and Non-Ring-fenced Bank. Our teams also focus on maintaining service and the key aspects of risk and data reflecting the Value Stream's vision of Powering access to Global Markets through the energy and focus of brilliant teams.
The Sales & Trading (S&T) Lab is focusing on delivery of change across systems that support LBCM Flow Sales and Trading Teams, RFB Traded Products Teams and Sales Teams within Global Transaction Banking to increase flow, improve pricing, keeping colleagues and our client's safe through regulatory compliance, always working to stay ahead of the game as well as deepening our relationships with business partners.
This role will specifically focus on developing our Repos related applications and we've got investment secured to explore a range of new developments, integrations & migrations to expand our presence in the market. If you have good ideas & suggestions from your experience we'd love to hear them.
What would you do in the role?
Primarily you will focus on the development, maintenance and testing of new C++ based systems over the full software development lifecycle. Specific activities could include:
- Developing well tested and robust code using C++
- Redeveloping legacy systems
- Maintain and improve existing software
- Delivering regulatory software to a high standard.
- Identification of opportunities to automate and simplify
- Responsible for further production investigation, when handed over from support teams.
What do we need to see evidence of in your CV?
We currently have a very senior developer heavy team so are happy to consider people at any level of experience from junior to senior as long as you have a high level of C++ skill and existing product knowledge around Repos. Specifically, we'll need to see evidence of the following in your application;
- Experience working as a C++ software engineer & high level of skill in C++
- Repos product / system knowledge
- Experience working within a modern Agile engineering function including a focus on automation & continuous improvement.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- A desire to support driving change & the ability to help with ideas & suggestions for future developments.
This would be a great role if you……
- Want to be part of major system redevelopment projects, updating essential and highly visible systems.
- Want to learn from our senior and long standing developer community, or become one of them!
Why else should this role be of interest?
We offer excellent training, certification, career opportunities and a relaxed working environment for investment banking!
We think we are fun (others might challenge that) but we are definitely a friendly, engaging and hard-working. We're flexible in terms of working hours. We promote equal opportunities, and welcome applications from employees from a diverse range of backgrounds. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions.
Together we make it possible!