LBG Returners - Associate – Digital Infrastructure, Open to flexible & hybrid working
- Contract Type
Why the Lloyds Banking Group Returners Programme ?
If you’ve taken a career break for at least 18 months then you’re eligible to apply to our award-winning Returners Programme at Lloyds Banking Group. We’re in the middle of a huge transformation to realise our ambition of building the bank of the future, whilst also fulfilling on our commitments to Help Britain Recover.This is a permanent role and I you’re successful as well as helping build your workplace expertise we’ll also provide a 16 week programme, designed to re-integrate you back into your career and restore the skills and value you possess.
Corporate & Institutional Coverage (‘CIC’) is a client coverage business within Commercial Banking operating across the UK and North America and is responsible for the overall management of businesses whose annual turnover exceeds £100m. CIC consists of nine sector-based teams including Consumer and Tech.
Healthcare and TMT is part of the wider Consumer & Tech team and has seen strong momentum in recent years, e.g. financing the build-out of fibre-to-the-home broadband which is closely aligned to Lloyds’ purpose. Within TMT, the focus is on Telecoms (internet service providers, cable and fibre broadband), Media (TV studios, magazines, newspapers) and Technology (Electronics/hardware, software, global internet based businesses). The sector is fast paced, and we're passionate about enabling clients to grow.
The team engages clients of all levels of complexity (including household names at the top end of the FTSE 100) across the whole range of balance sheet, hedging and cash management solutions. Working on Investment Grade, Leveraged Finance and Infrastructure & Project Finance transactions provides unique depth and breadth to the role. The key to our success is continuous interaction with clients, credit, risk and the delivery functions of the bank as well as our product partners beyond CIC within our wider division.
We're looking for a highly-energetic, motivated and organised individual with a strong appetite to learn new skills and develop deep sector and product knowledge. You'll provide the best in class service to clients and develop meaningful client relationships, support the wider team on exciting and notable M&A transactions.
You'll build and articulate a sound understanding of credit risk and support the day to day operational requirements of the team. You'll support the prospecting and implementation of existing and new business opportunities with our clients. The role represents an excellent opportunity to build a client-focused career in a high profile coverage team within CIC.
You'll have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and be capable of managing several stakeholders, prioritising numerous workloads/objectives. You'll have the ability to build and develop relationships both internally and with our clients. You'll be responsible for supporting the team and helping to deliver the continued growth of the portfolio in line with agreed business plans, and within our risk and credit appetite.
Your accountabilities will include:
- Support the H&T Team to deliver relationship management and origination across the client base. This includes helping to pitch for business and developing prospect leads and introductions
- Build internal partner relationships with colleagues in Credit and Risk, our Product Partners, and across Lloyds Banking Group
- Utilise sector knowledge to work with product partners across the Bank to bring appropriate products and services to clients
- Work alongside team members to negotiate terms and conditions of credit facilities and prepare proposals in order to seek approval
- Ensure our Credit, Risk and Compliance policies are adhered to at all times, with appropriate plans to monitor and control
- Support clients with global trade requirements and understand how we can utilise bank trade instruments to facilitate import/export and optimise working capital
- Develop and manage a deposit strategy to support client’s liquidity requirements and maximise CIC income.
- Manage any changes to Bank policies, systems, processes and working practices in order to achieve operational improvement where appropriate
- Review internal management information in order to provide reports to monitor profitability and returns
- Maintain a self-development plan and ensure this is updated and reviewed on a regular basis
- Provide support to the wider H&T Team in line with operational requirements
- Work collaboratively with the Bank’s Service Delivery and Client Management teams to ensure we meet clients’ operational banking requirements
- Solid understanding of credit risk
So what can we offer you in return?
You'll be rewarded with excellent benefits, personal development and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity!
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll receive:
- A Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- 28 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Share Schemes
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible - join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture passionate about making a difference.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.