Credit Officer, FI Credit - Hybrid and flexible working options
- Contract Type
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're motivated by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are passionate about making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Want to know more?
Here, in FI Credit, in the Risk division, we're passionate about risk management, and we want to support our business partners in building a sustainable business with strong and long-term clients.
We love to ask questions, challenge existing ways of working, and always look for ways to simplify things, so we can focus on what matters. We see ourselves as business enablers. We're enthusiastic about our people, and have a huge focus on empowerment, career progression, learning & development, and work life balance.
About the role
As a Credit Officer in Financial Institutions Credit, over time you'll learn the dynamics of a number of specialist sectors. Initially this role will focus on Specialist Finance and Securitisations, meaning you will undertake credit analysis and make recommendations on all lending to clients in the Specialist Finance sector and for securitised lending across a range of asset classes and industry sectors, including Auto Finance, RMBS, Trade Receivables and Consumer Finance.
You'll be part of the Specialist Non-Bank Financial Institutions Credit Team which means you'll also help cover clients in the Insurance sector and Central Clearing Counterparties. In time, you'll collaborate on other portfolios in FI Credit, such as Banks & Intra-Group, Funds, Sovereigns and Wealth Management. If you're new to these sectors, we'll help you to learn how to analyse these captivating industries and make well-reasoned recommendations to senior credit sanctioners.
Here's where you'll make a difference:
- You'll run your own portfolio and use your insight to incorporate a forward view of horizon risks in your credit papers and discussions with partners.
- You'll proactively contribute to sector strategy and appetite, credit policies and processes for your own and the wider portfolio.
- You'll build positive relationships to become a trusted business partner for Coverage and Product and help drive collegiate working across FI Credit.
- You'll take ownership of data integrity and champion simplification initiatives.
We understand that traditional working hours don't suit everyone, so you'll have opportunities to undertake your role in an agile and flexible way, for example working non-standard hours or homeworking on a regular basis!
What you can bring to the role
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Comfortable with numerical analysis
- An enthusiastic teammate able to build positive relationships beyond the team
- A sound understanding of the credit risk assessment of Non-Bank Financial Institutions or other larger corporates, gained in a Credit role or closely-related discipline
You're likely to have experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Lending to the Specialist Finance sector
- Securitised Lending
- Risk Management in a bank
Does this sound like you?
If so, then please get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!
In return for bringing us your passion and engagement, we're offering a strong platform to fulfil your career potential whatever your aspirations may be. You'll be welcomed into a supportive team known for developing colleagues' skills, and who care deeply about their work.
As a team, we're keen to encourage diversity, and we're committed to the principles of agile working. We'll be pleased to consider applications from candidates wishing to work any flexible arrangement.
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive work environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Whatever your aspirations, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes:
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 15%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday (plus Public)
For further information and to submit your application, please click 'Apply'.