SQL Database Administrator (DBA) - Flexible working available
- Contract Type
As the UK's largest Retail, Digital and Commercial bank Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) has a huge responsibility to support the UK economy and help it prosper whilst putting customers at the heart of everything we do.
And you could join us at an exciting time as we move to a software engineering led approach to banking!
As a SQL DBA within our Data Excellence - Infrastructure team based in Hove you'd help our Risk Division contribute to the Group's strategy to become the best bank for customers, investors, shareholders and colleagues. We're set up as a DevOps team and use both Scrum and Kanban principles to manage and develop new data sources into our environments via our bespoke ETL Framework. These data sources are used for reporting, as well as creative web applications that help our colleagues handle their customers and business critical processes.
So what would you be doing....
- You'd be joining a high-profile team, recognised for the quality of their solutions and agile approach to development.
- You'll work closely with colleagues and external teams to support the servers within our infrastructure, ensuring that our systems remain operational and available for our customers
- You'd get involved in the full development lifecycle, from initiation through to final release - where your input and decisions will help drive our approach
What we're looking for in you….
- You'll have a real passion for data and systems and enjoy working in a friendly, collaborative and agile environment.
- You'll demonstrate you have a creative eye for the little details, care about your work and enjoy all stages of software development.
- Results matter to you - speed, service, quality, problem management and innovation
- We'll need your CV to demonstrate a high level of technical skills across the following:
- SQL Server 2014 including Integration Services and ETL (Extract Transform and Load) principles.
- SQL Server T-SQL (Stored procs, Queries, SQL Agent etc.) performance and Index design/maintenance.
- Windows 2012 R2 and IIS .Net fundamentals and an understanding in Active Directory would be useful.
You'll have significant DBA database design, optimisation and troubleshooting experience. And you'll need a developed communication "kit bag" - able to work with both technical and non-technical people at varying levels of seniority.
Any wider experience in SSIS, BIML and change control would be really useful but aren't crucial.
What will you get in return?
A role here will stretch you as well as giving you a platform from which you can grow and develop, accessing wider development and engineering career opportunities across our huge organisation. You'll learn new skills, technologies and approaches to software development as well as benefiting from a culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
In addition to the salary quoted (dependent upon location and experience), the position also offers:
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Our continued commitment to helping Britain recover means that as a colleague you can make a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Together we have a key role to play in shaping the bank of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll continue to have opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation
Please get in touch if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you.
So if you have the skills we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you!
Together we make it possible!
For further information and to submit your application, please click 'Apply'.